How it works
Private banking is available to individuals with annual earnings of at least £75,000, joint incomes of £100,000, or investable assets of £100,000. However if that's not quite you, we’re still happy to discuss your circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
Your Private Manager will help you find solutions to your needs by being the gateway to a range of specialist or bespoke services, from current and savings accounts to mortgages, asset finance and a wealth referral service.
To access private banking benefits and services you must first apply for either a Private Current Account or Current Account Tracker.
- Things just got interesting Watch your money grow with in-credit interest on your current account and an optional savings account.
- Our experts at your service Access to a named Private Manager to help you with your complex financial needs and a dedicated Private team to assist with your day to day banking.
- Competitive and convenient solutions Asset finance and foreign exchange solutions that can be tailored to suit your situation and cash flow to allow you to plan ahead.
View all the benefits and services
Private Current Account or Current Account Tracker
AER1/gross2 per annum variable, interest paid monthly.
A monthly fee of £25 applies, for maintaining your account and the services of a dedicated Private Manager.
Just remember, the gross rate of interest payable is linked to the Bank of England base rate.3 This is subject to change at any time and will normally be applied on the same or the next business day.View the rates and fees
Savings that work as hard as you do
Grow your portfolio with our Private Savings AccountView our Private Savings Account
An account for the travel savvy
- Private Travel Insurance
- Worldwide family multi-trip travel insurance from AIG. You’re covered from the moment you book your holiday to when you return.
The cover provided is subject to certain conditions and exclusions. For travel insurance some but not all pre-existing medical conditions are covered. It is important you read the full details before applying. You can view our Private Travel Insurance Policy Wording Link opens in a new window.
Just remember, travel insurance cover is not provided with the Current Account Tracker.
- DragonPass Premier+ Airport Lounge Access
- 6 free visits per account holder per year to over 1000 airport lounges worldwide. Swap an airport lounge pass for a meal voucher at selected airport restaurants. Exclusive discounts at airport restaurants, cafes, spas and nail bars.
Medical Cover Directory
Access to cover for customers with existing medical conditions
If AIG are unable to provide cover for your medical conditions, MoneyHelper has introduced a directory of travel insurance firms which can help consumers with existing medical conditions access travel insurance that covers their conditions. For example, this might include how you can get cover for a condition that may be currently excluded on your policy or where you are paying an additional premium to cover your medical condition(s).
If you would like further information, please visit MoneyHelper Link opens in a new window or call 0800 138 7777
Get into our amazing app
All the features you expect. Plus a few you don't.
Sign in securely
Your face or fingerprint is the key.
Your ins and outs managed and your spending sorted.
The serious bits
- If you need one, use our calculator to find out exactly how much it will cost. Subject to status.
More about overdrafts
- Rates and fees
- See the rates and fees of this account and read our straight-up small print.
Rates and fees
- We're all over your online transactions to make sure it's really you making them.
More about security
- Protecting your money
- View the FSCS guaranteeYour eligible deposits with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.
Is this account right for you?
You're good to go if you can tick off this list:
- You are 18 or over and have a good credit history
- You have individual annual earnings of at least £75,000, joint incomes of £100,000, or investable assets of £100,000
- You are comfortable paying a monthly fee
Not for you?
You should consider our Club M AccountView our Club M Account
Before applying please make sure that you read these documents and keep copies for future reference.
Looking to switch?
It couldn't be easier. We manage everything from start to finish, and it’s all backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.More on switching