Current Account Online Service
Which is your account?
- Virgin Money Current Account and M Account or B Account
- Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock
Strong Customer Authentication Changes – Securing your digital payments
When you’re sending a payment via internet banking or the mobile app, you may be asked to confirm your identity. How you do this depends on whether you’re using:
- Internet banking. You’ll confirm it’s you making the payment using your mobile app, security token or one-time passcode.
- Mobile app. You’ll use your internet banking password to verify your identity.
Will this happen every time I make a payment?
Once you save the details to your payee list and confirm your identity to show it's you sending the money, the payee will become 'trusted'. Payees setup prior to the change will only become 'trusted' when you confirm your identity. That means you may not need to confirm your identity again, unless you change details like sort code, account number, name or reference.
Forgotten your password?
Go to log-in to your online account and select ‘I don’t know my password’, then select alternative details. Once in, select ‘Manage login and security details’ from the More menu. Or, you can reset your password here Link opens in a new window.
|Virgin Money Current Account and M Account||Essential Current Account|
|Sort Code||Starts with 05 or 82||08-60-64|
|Account opened||After 2 December 2019 (or you originally opened your account with Yorkshire Bank, Clydesdale Bank or B)||Before 20 October 2019 (or you originally opened your account with Northern Rock)|
The Virgin Money Current Account
Watch your savings grow with smart Savings Pots – the simple way to set up and track your savings goalsFind out more about the Fitbit prize draw
Stay safe and secure
Criminals use a wide range of methods to commit fraud and scams so to keep yourself safe follow these five rules –
- Never disclose security details, such as your PIN, full banking password or one time pass code to anyone even bank staff.
- Don't assume an email, text or phone call is authentic.
- Don't be rushed – a genuine organisation won't mind waiting.
- Listen to your instincts – you know if something doesn't feel right.
- Stay in control – don't panic and make a decision you'll regret.
Its all about taking time to -
- Stop: Taking a moment to stop and think before parting with your money or information could keep you safe.
- Challenge: Could it be fake? It’s ok to reject, refuse or ignore any requests. Only criminals will try to rush or panic you.
- Protect: Contact your bank immediately if you think you’ve fallen for a scam and report it to Action Fraud.
If you'd like to know more, visit our Staying Safe Online pages.
Protecting your money
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, your eligible deposits with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the Financial Services Compensation Scheme