Current Account Tracker provides all the same features as our Private Current Account but without travel insurance cover.
Worldwide family multi-trip travel insurance from AIG (American International Group UK Ltd). Covered from the moment you book your holiday to when you return.
Key benefits of the cover
- You and a partner living with you if you’re both under 75.
- Up to four dependants under 18 (who are either in full-time education or living with you).
- 31 days per trip. You can extend your trip cover (up to 45 or 62 days) at an additional cost.
- Worldwide cover (except Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea, the Crimea region or anywhere the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advises against all but essential travel).
- Travel in the UK where two or more nights' accommodation is pre-booked.
- Emergency medical treatment and cover for the journey home if it’s medically necessary.
- Travel and accommodation costs you can’t recover if you have to cancel or cut your trip short for one of the reasons in the policy wording.
- The cost to cover essentials which are lost, damaged or stolen and if your baggage is delayed while you're heading to your destination.
- Delays or missed departures. Get help with expenses and cancellations caused by natural disasters too.
- Winter sports, golf equipment, wedding, and business cover as standard.
- Personal accidents, personal liability and legal expenses – when the unexpected happens.
- Some medical conditions. We’ll let you know when you apply, if you need to call AIG to be medically screened after answering some questions.
What's not covered
- Any loss or theft not reported to the police within 24 hours. AIG needs a police crime reference number or evidence of ownership before they can assess a claim.
- Certain specified items (including bikes, tablets and mobile phones) and certain circumstances (for example: if you leave your item unattended in public).
- Anything already covered by gadget, mobile, car or home insurance (like bicycles, cars, phones, tablets, lenses).
- Medical claims relating to pregnancy or childbirth if the pregnancy is over 26 weeks along or medical conditions that AIG has not agreed to cover.
- Claims related to medical conditions or circumstances you knew about before you went on the trip unless previously notified to and agreed by AIG.
- Any costs that airlines are responsible for, like food and drinks if there is a long delay, Claims made for sports that aren't covered or if the advised safety gear wasn't used (for example: not wearing a helmet on a bike).
- Claims arising from quarantine or travel restrictions relating to a current or previous epidemic or pandemic declared by the World Health Organisation or any official governmental body or health authority.
The cover provided is subject to certain conditions, exclusions and policy limits. Some pre-existing medical conditions are covered and some may be covered by paying an additional premium. It is important you read the full details before applying. You can view our Private Travel Insurance Policy Wording Link opens in a new window.
If AIG are unable to provide cover for your medical conditions, MoneyHelper has introduced a directory of travel insurance firms which can help consumers with existing medical conditions access travel insurance that covers their conditions. For example, this might include how you can get cover for a condition that may be currently excluded on your policy or where you are paying an additional premium to cover your medical condition(s).
If you would like further information, please visit Money Helper Link opens in a new window or call 0800 138 7777.
Upgrade your cover
By paying an additional premium you may be able to upgrade your policy.
Increase trip duration. If you wish to travel on a single trip in excess of 31 days, by paying an additional premium, cover can be included for single trips lasting up to 45 days or 62 days.
For further details call AIG 0330 123 3106, or email virginmoneytravel@AIG.com
Virtual Medical Care – GP Consultancy Services in the UK and abroad
You and your family covered by the policy will get unlimited, round the clock access to medical advice from a GP whether you are abroad or in the UK.
You can contact Virtual Medical Care:
- Via the Virtual Medical Care App
- At www.virtualmedicalcare.co.uk Link opens in a new window login and click on the Health tab and create an account.
- Calling +44 (0)20 3499 0658
You should use your sort code as your reference/policy number.
Talking nurses – Medical Advice and guidance for travel abroad
Medical advice and guidance from qualified nurses, with doctor support if required for travel abroad.
Call: 0800 975 0463 from within the UK, or +44 (0)20 8481 7789 from outside the UK.
Concierge service – Before and during your trip
A little bit of luxury. Just pick up the phone and someone else can sort transfers, tickets and more. You can use this service both before and during your journey.
To contact the concierge service:
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01273 747 613 from within the UK or +44 (0)1273 747 613 from outside the UK
- Business e.g. secretarial services, hotel conference facilities.
- Entertainment e.g. ticket reservations, sporting events, sightseeing information.
- Fine foods and flowers e.g. gift deliveries of champagne and chocolates.
- Hotels and restaurants e.g. restaurant reservations, hotel referrals.
- Information e.g. passport and visa information, weather and currency information.
- Local assistance and referrals e.g. appointments with local services, relay of urgent messages.
- Travel and transportation e.g. luxury car rental, chauffeurs and transfers, ticket reservations.
To make a travel insurance claim:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 0330 123 3106 (Open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm).
If you, or anyone covered by this policy, has a new medical condition* or a change to an existing one, please call AIG 01273 740 975. If you don’t call AIG, you may not be covered for any claims relating to this condition.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, and on Saturdays and Bank Holidays 9am - 5pm.
*You can view the questions defining a medical condition on our questions and answers page.
Airport Lounge Access
Airport lounges provide the perfect opportunity to avoid some of the hustle and bustle in an airport and start your trip in style.
Your DragonPass membership gives you access to over 1000 lounges worldwide where you can take advantage of the facilities on offer.
- Available to all customers who have a named private manager.
- Benefits include 6 free visits per account holder per year.
- One airport lounge visit means one entry per person to an airport lounge.
- Selected lounges can be pre-booked in advance of your arrival.
- When you register for our new DragonPass app, you will also receive exclusive discounts at airport restaurants, cafes, spas and nail bars to help you unwind before starting your journey.
Wealth referral service
Virgin Money has chosen Origen Financial Services, one of the UK’s largest financial advisory businesses, as our Wealth Referral Partner and can introduce you to an Origen financial advisor if you have any financial planning needs. Origen provide high quality advice to high net worth individual and corporate clients and offer advice on a transparent fee basis. For providing this referral service, Virgin Money will receive a percentage of the advice fee charged by Origen.
Origen Services include:
- Investment planning
- Investing for children
- Family protection in the event of illness and medical expenses
- Planning for complex and sensitive family situations
- Specialist advice and counselling for senior executives, partners and owner managers
- Pre-retirement planning, including tax efficient pension and investment advice
- At retirement advice, including advice on annuities and drawdown
- Estate planning including
- Inheritance Tax advice and trusts
Help doing business
Our customers can benefit from access to local networking events and discussion forums as well as the use of meeting facilities at our business and private banking centres. Subject to availability.
Priceless London and Priceless Cities programme
Private customers who have a Clydesdale Bank Mastercard® can take advantage of the Priceless London and Priceless Cities programmes* offered by Mastercard for art, dining, luxury and entertainment experiences. Details at www.pricelesslondon.co.uk Link opens in a new window.
*excludes access to World Elite Mastercard offers
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Whether you would like to buy a car, or make any other capital purchase, an experienced Asset Finance specialist can provide you with competitive and convenient solutions that can be tailored to suit your situation and cash flow. Subject to status.
Foreign Exchange Solutions
- Foreign Exchange Solutions can help you plan ahead, particularly if some of your transactions are overseas. Your Private Manager can help you with access to experts and solutions which can reduce your financial exposure to currency fluctuations.
- Subject to status and eligibility. Please be aware that this may stop you - either in part or full - benefiting from any favourable changes in the underlying market.
As a Private Banking customer, we offer you an exclusive residential mortgage range. Your Private Manager will discuss your options and put you in touch with an expert adviser. At all times, these professionals will act with your best interests at heart and work with you to find the product most suited to your needs from our range. We offer a varied range of residential mortgages and Investment Housing Loans.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over. All loans are subject to status. Security will be required.View details on our exclusive range Link opens in a new window