Switching made simple
Switch your home insurance to us, and as a new Virgin Money home insurance customer, we’ll cover any cancellation costs from your previous insurer (up to £100) – as long as your new policy isn’t cancelled within the first 14 days (and meets the qualifying criteria). Terms apply.
To qualify, your new Virgin Money policy must be in the same name as the policy being cancelled. The type of cover (such as combined buildings and contents) has to be the same. You need to submit the refund form within 90 days of receiving your cancellation charges, with evidence of those charges.Download form
- No hidden fees. Unlike some insurers, we won’t sting you if you pay monthly, make a change or cancel your cover.
- Get up to £400,000 buildings cover or up to £50,000 contents cover – or take both.
- Add the extras that matter to you – like accidental damage or home emergency cover.
- Join the 9 out of 10 customers who choose to renew with us, year in year out. Based on all Virgin Money Home Insurance policies renewed between October 2018 and October 2021.
Our core cover
First, choose your core cover - you can pick from separate covers, or combine them for complete peace of mind. Then, just add extras.
- Combined Building and Contents cover
- Choose buildings and contents cover for combined protection, all under one roof.
- Buildings cover
- Up to £400,000 cover for your building and other permanent structures, like garages, fences and gates. Plus up to £40,000 for alternative accommodation and up to £750 for locks and keys.
- Contents cover
- Up to £50,000 to cover your home contents against fire, floods, theft – and more. Plus up to £10,000 for alternative accommodation and up to £7,500 for valuable items (up to £1,500 for each item).
Just remember: Limits, terms and exclusions apply to all levels of cover.
Add the extras that matter
Once you’ve chosen your core cover, you can add optional cover for complete peace of mind. Cover limits and fees apply.Find out more
Fancy a chat?
Our team is here to answer your questions, talk through your needs and help you through the process.
To speak to our sales and customer service teams, please call on: 0800 197 1612
(open Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm, and Saturday, 9am-1pm).
Or write to our customer service team at:
Virgin Money Home Insurance Customer Services
If you are an existing customer and need to make a claim on your home insurance policy, please contact:
Virgin Money Home Insurance Claims
Telephone: 0800 197 1613
(open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, Saturday, 9am to 4pm).
Please quote your policy number or claim reference number on all correspondence.
If you are an existing customer and you need to get in touch with the Home Emergency department, please call 0345 078 0046
If you are an existing customer and you need to get legal advice, please contact the legal advice line on:
Telephone: 0330 100 6447
To make a legal claim, please write to:
Arc Legal Assistance Limited
|Phone number||Call charges and information|
|03 numbers||Same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.|
|084 numbers||Maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|087 numbers||Maximum of 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|0800 numbers||Free from UK landlines and personal mobile phones.|
Popular questions about home insurance
Please call us to renew your home insurance policy on 0800 197 1612
You can submit a home insurance claim by calling 0800 197 1613.
We’re working with our suppliers to keep any disruption to our claims process to a minimum, however our repairers will keep you updated if there are any possible delays relating to your individual repair, such as a delay to sourcing parts or materials.
Documents can take up to 2 weeks to arrive by post from the date you purchased your policy.
Please email us at email@example.com to let us know if you have not received your documents within this time.
Best Mortgage Provider 2022
Mortgage Finance Gazette
Best buy-to-let lender 2021
Best buy-to-let mortgage provider 2019 - 2021