What is a money transfer credit card?
Money transfers are pretty handy, so we’re really pleased to be one of the few credit card providers who offer them. They let you move up to 95% of your Virgin Money Credit Card limit into your current account.
Once the money hits your account, you can use it however you like – from paying off debt to home improvements, or simply to enjoy a holiday.
It could be, if you need to free up some cash.
By moving money into your current account at a lower rate, you’ll pay less interest, so you could save money.
- How long will the promotional rate last?
- Will you save money in the long run (even if you start off by making a saving every month)?
- What is the standard interest rate after your promotional period ends?
- Does your existing lender charge an early repayment fee?
- You’ll need to make your minimum payment when it’s due. If you don’t, we’ll stop your promotional rate (from the start of that statement period). So it’s worth setting up a Direct Debit to meet your monthly repayment.
- When your promotional rate ends or we stop it, we’ll charge you the current standard interest rate.
- You’ll need to make a transfer in the first 60 days of opening your account to get the promotional rate and fee. After this, we’ll charge you the standard rate and fee.
- You shouldn’t use your money transfer to repay other borrowing from us (like a loan, overdraft or mortgage).
It's easy to apply, and we’ll let you know if your transfer request has been approved as soon as possible.
If you apply as part of your credit card application and we approve, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider three to four business days after you ask for the transfer.
You can also apply to make a transfer once your account is up and running. If you ask for the transfer:
- Before 4pm, Sunday to Thursday, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider the next business day.
- After 4pm, Sunday to Wednesday, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider in two business days.
- Between 4pm Thursday and 12am Sunday, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider the following Monday (excluding Bank Holidays).
You can transfer money to a UK bank or building society account in your name.
- Just tap the ‘Payments’ icon and follow the instructions.
- Read through the ‘Important Information’ section carefully before you complete the transfer.
- You'll need your password. This will be at least 8 characters chosen from 3 or more of these categories: numbers, upper case letters, lower case letters and special characters (such as *!@?).
Please check your transactions to make sure your money transfer request has been completed as expected. If you have frozen your card your money transfer won't be approved.