Free legal and valuation feesOur buy-to-let remortgage deals come with free basic valuation and standard legal costs included.
We really know our stuff9 in 10 customers* think we’re ‘very knowledgeable’ and felt that ‘information was clearly explained’.
Terms to suit youFixed rate deals for 2, 3, 5, 7, 10 and even 15 years.
Flexibility as standardYou can make overpayments of up to 10% per year without an Early Repayment Charge and take payment holidays subject to our agreement.
And just so you know, we’ll always check that our mortgages are right for you before we make you an offer.
*These results are from a Virgin Money customer service survey carried out between November 2021 and January 2022.
Check you're mortgage ready
Stepping up your search? Take five minutes to see how much we could lend you, without affecting your credit score.Check now
How much can you borrow?
Starting out on your journey? Use our quick calculator to get an idea of how much you could borrow from us.Use our easy calculator
Our lending criteria
- We require a minimum combined income of £25,000 per year, or £50,000 where personal income is used for affordability.
- Rental income must cover 145% of mortgage repayments, or 125% if you’re remortgaging and don’t require additional borrowing. This is known as the interest coverage ratio (ICR), and is stressed at a product rate of 2% (5% for five year fixed) or a nominal rate of 5.5%, whichever is higher.
- We will accept personal income to cover rental shortfalls between 100% and 145% of ICR.
- Personal income is not considered for BTL portfolio landlords, LTVs greater than 75% or when the terms extends beyond 75 years of age.
- Usually you must own your home for 6 months before applying. This does not apply to Buy to Let portfolio landlords.
We support mortgage applications from landlords with four or more mortgages buy-to-let properties.Find out more
Need more help?
We understand that there's a lot to consider when becoming a landloard, so check out our useful buy-to-let guides.Buy-to-let guides
Already got a mortgage with us?
If your current mortgage deal is coming to an end, see if our new mortgage rates could save you money.Find a deal
Fancy a chat?
Our mortgage specialists are here to answer your questions, talk through your needs and help you apply.
Start your application
0333 331 4496
We're here from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 2pm Saturday.
Let us call you
Book a free callback for a time that suits you best.Arrange a callback
Got a quick question?
Let's chat online. Great for quick questions about our mortgages and how to apply.Chat online now
Existing mortgage customers
Phone us on
0330 127 4474
We're here from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 1pm Saturday.
Got a quick question?
Let's chat online. Great for quick questions about your existing mortgage.Chat online now
|03 numbers||Same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.|
|084 numbers||Maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|087 numbers||Maximum of 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|0800 numbers||Free from UK landlines and personal mobile phones.|
Frequently asked questions
To make things as straightforward as possible, it would be great if you have the following to hand for all applicants:
- Income details
- If employed you will need:
- Gross annual salary, bonus & overtime
- If you are self-employed:
- Last 2 years’ net profit/director’s salary.
- Last 3 months’ business bank statements.
- A completed Self-Employed Supplementary Form Link opens in a new window where the most recent accounts have a year-end date of 31.12.2020 or earlier. Where the latest accounts are from 2021 or later we do not need a completed Self-employed Supplementary Form.
- If employed you will need:
- UK address history for the last 3 years
- Details of your monthly expenditure (PDF, 80.05KB) (your bank statements will come in handy here)
Monthly Expenditure PDF opens in a new window Link opens in a new window
- Details of any credit commitments (including payments, balances and interest rates)
- Pension payments from your payslip
After you’ve applied for your mortgage, you just need to sign and return the application form and pay any applicable fees.
Once returned to us, your application will be assessed by an underwriter, and we'll keep you updated throughout the process.
Your first mortgage payment will be due on the 7th of the month following completion.
Tools and information
Mortgage calculators and tools
Mystified by mortgages? Our helpful calculators and tools can help you.
Bank of England base rate changes
Information about changes to the base rate and how it may affect you.
Tariff of mortgage charges
This same document is being used across the industry to help customers compare mortgages.
Explore Brighter Money
From lockdown home to happy place
Twelve homeowners share the clever, practical ways they pimped their homes during lockdown
Eight things I wish I’d known before buying my first home
Journalist Kate Bussmann gives her insider take on how to come out the other side unscathed (and with a house that you love!)
What does the Stamp Duty change mean for me?
Alina from our Red Team speaks to property expert Lucian Cook about the current stamp duty cuts, and who can benefit.
Best Mortgage Provider 2022
Mortgage Finance Gazette
Best buy-to-let lender 2021
Best buy-to-let mortgage provider 2019 - 2022