Free legal and valuation feesOur buy-to-let remortgage deals come with free basic valuation and standard legal costs included.
We really know our stuff9 in 10 customers* think we’re ‘very knowledgeable’ and felt that ‘information was clearly explained’.
Terms to suit youFixed rate deals for 2, 3, 5, 7, 10 and even 15 years.
Flexibility as standardYou can make overpayments of up to 10% per year without an Early Repayment Charge and take payment holidays subject to our agreement.
*Virgin Money customer service survey carried out between January 2021 and March 2021.
Check you're mortgage ready
Stepping up your search? Take five minutes and see how much we may lend to you, without affecting your credit score.Check now
How much can you borrow?
Starting out on your journey? Use our quick calculator to get an idea of how much you could borrow from us.Use our easy calculator
Our lending criteria
- We require a minimum combined income of £25,000 per year, or £50,000 where personal income is used for affordability.
- Rental income must cover 145% of mortgage repayments, or 125% if you’re remortgaging and don’t require additional borrowing. This is known as the interest coverage ratio (ICR), and is stressed at a product rate of 2% (5% for five year fixed) or a nominal rate of 5.5%, whichever is higher.
- We will accept personal income to cover rental shortfalls between 100% and 145% of ICR.
- Personal income is not considered for BTL portfolio landlords, LTVs greater than 75% or when the terms extends beyond 75 years of age.
- Usually you must own your home for 6 months before applying.
We support mortgage applications from landlords with four or more mortgages buy-to-let properties.Find out more
Need more help?
We understand that there's a lot to consider when becoming a landloard, so check out our useful buy-to-let guides.Buy-to-let guides
Already got a mortgage with us?
If your current mortgage deal is coming to an end, see if our new mortgage rates could save you money.Find a deal
Fancy a chat?
Our mortgage advisers are here to answer your questions, talk through your needs and help you through the process.
Not convenient now?
Book a free callback at a time to suit you.Book now
0345 605 0500
We're here from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 2pm Saturday.
0345 602 8301
We're here from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm Saturday.Call charges and information
|03 numbers||Same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.|
|084 numbers||Maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|087 numbers||Maximum of 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|0800 numbers||Free from UK landlines and personal mobile phones.|
Frequently asked questions
To make things as straightforward as possible, it would be great if you have the following to hand for all applicants:
- Income details
- If employed you will need: Gross annual salary, bonus & overtime
- If you are self-employed: last 2 years net profit/directors salary
- UK address history for the last 3 years
- Details of your monthly expenditure (PDF, 80.05KB) (your bank statements will come in handy here)
Monthly Expenditure PDF opens in a new window Link opens in a new window
- Details of any credit commitments (including payments, balances and interest rates)
- Pension payments from your payslip
After you’ve applied for your mortgage, you just need to sign and return the application form and pay any applicable fees.
Once returned to us, your application will be assessed by an underwriter, and we'll keep you updated throughout the process.
Your first mortgage payment will be due on the 7th of the month following completion.
Tools and information
Mortgage calculators and tools
Mystified by mortgages? Our helpful calculators and tools can help you.
Bank of England base rate changes
Information about changes to the base rate and how it may affect you.
Tariff of mortgage charges
This same document is being used across the industry to help customers compare mortgages.
Explore Brighter Money
From lockdown home to happy place
Twelve homeowners share the clever, practical ways they pimped their homes during lockdown
Eight things I wish I’d known before buying my first home
Journalist Kate Bussmann gives her insider take on how to come out the other side unscathed (and with a house that you love!)
What does the Stamp Duty change mean for me?
Alina from our Red Team speaks to property expert Lucian Cook about the current stamp duty cuts, and who can benefit.
Best buy-to-let mortgage lender 2019 - 2020
Mortgage Finance Gazette
Best buy-to-let lender 2021
Best buy-to-let mortgage provider 2019 - 2021