Compare our mortgages
View our mortgages and find out how much your monthly payment could be.
Check your eligibility
Find out in five minutes how you can borrow, without affecting your credit rating.
How much you can borrow
Use our quick calculator to work out the maximum you could borrow.
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE
Mortgage update from Virgin Money
Following recent Government guidance, property valuers are now able to carry out physical valuations. We are therefore pleased to reinstate our buy-to-let mortgage product range up to 80% LTV.
We’re continuing to monitor the situation closely and we’re working hard to support as many customers as possible during these difficult times.
Our lending criteria
- We require a minimum combined income of £25,000 per year, or £50,000 where personal income is used for affordability.
- Rental income must cover 145% of mortgage repayments, or 125% if you’re remortgaging and don’t require additional borrowing. This is known as the interest coverage ratio (ICR), and is stressed at a product rate of 2% (5% for five year fixed) or a nominal rate of 5.5%, whichever is higher.
- We will accept personal income to cover rental shortfalls between 100% and 145% of ICR.
- Personal income is not considered for BTL portfolio landlords, LTVs greater than 75% or when the terms extends beyond 75 years of age.
- Usually you must own your home for 6 months before applying.
We support mortgage applications from landlords with four or more mortgaged buy-to-let properties.Find out more about Portfolio Landlord mortgages
Why choose one of our mortgages?
- Free legal and valuation fees
Our remortgage deals come with free basic valuation and standard legal costs included.
- Terms to suit you
Fixed rate deals for 2, 3, 5 and even 10 years.
- Flexibility as standard
You can make overpayments up to 10% a year and take payment holidays, subject to our agreement.
- Great customer service
9/10 customers who spoke to an adviser said we're easy to do business with.
Like to talk to us?
Speak to a dedicated mortgage advisor
Call us to discuss our range of accounts on
0330 311 4788
We're here from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 2pm Saturday.
Call us to discuss our range of accounts on
0330 127 7980
We're here from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm Saturday.
|03 numbers||Same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.|
|084 numbers||Maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|087 numbers||Maximum of 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|0800 numbers||Free from UK landlines and personal mobile phones.|
Arrange a callback
Not convenient now? Book a free callback at a time to suit you.
Frequently asked questions
To make things as straightforward as possible, it would be great if you have the following to hand for all applicants:
- Income details
- If employed you will need: Gross annual salary, bonus & overtime
- If you are self-employed: last 2 years net profit/directors salary
- UK address history for the last 3 years
- Details of your monthly expenditure PDF opens in a new window Link opens in a new window (PDF, 80.05KB) (your bank statements will come in handy here)
- Details of any credit commitments (including payments, balances and interest rates)
- Pension payments from your payslip
After you’ve applied for your mortgage, you just need to sign and return the application form and pay any applicable fees.
Once returned to us, your application will be assessed by an underwriter, and we'll keep you updated throughout the process.
Your first mortgage payment will be due on the 7th of the month following completion.
Mortgages in 3 minutes
Questions and answers
View our most frequently asked questions about mortgages.
Mortgage calculator and tools
Mystified by mortgages? Our helpful calculators and tools can help save you money.
Bank of England base rate changes
Information about changes to the base rate and how it may affect you.
Tariff of mortgage charges
Information about our charges for services we offer.
Information which may be helpful when applying for a buy-to-let Virgin Money mortgage.
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our lounges
Best buy-to-let mortgage lender 2019 - 2020
Mortgage Finance Gazette
Best buy-to-let lender 2020
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts