Stay safe and secure
Criminals use a wide range of methods to commit fraud and scams so to keep yourself safe follow these five rules –
- Never disclose security details, such as your PIN, full banking password or one-time pass code to anyone - even bank staff.
- Don't assume an email, text or phone call is authentic.
- Don't be rushed – a genuine organisation won't mind waiting.
- Listen to your instincts – you know if something doesn't feel right.
- Stay in control – don't panic and make a decision you'll regret.
Its all about taking time to:
- Stop: Taking a moment to stop and think before parting with your money or information could keep you safe.
- Challenge: Could it be fake? It’s ok to reject, refuse or ignore any requests. Only criminals will try to rush or panic you.
- Protect: Contact your bank immediately if you think you’ve fallen for a scam and report it to Action Fraud.
If you'd like to know more, visit our fraud and security pages.
Let's kick some ISA
A straight-talking, rewarding Stocks & Shares ISA starting from only £25. Invest £2,000 or more and you could earn 1,000 to 50,000 Virgin Points. That could take you places!
Capital at risk. Terms apply. Virgin Money is a trading name of Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Limited.Check it out