I'm not sure which account I haveClose Modal
|Sort Code||Account opened|
|M Plus Account, Club M Account, M Account or Private Current Account||Starts with 05 or 82||After 2 December 2019|
|Any Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank Current Account||Starts with 05 or 82||Originally opened your account with Yorkshire Bank or Clydesdale Bank|
|Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock||08-60-64||Before 20 October 2019|
Stay safe and secure
Criminals use a wide range of methods to commit fraud and scams so to keep yourself safe follow these five rules –
- Never disclose security details, such as your PIN, full banking password or one time pass code to anyone even bank staff.
- Don't assume an email, text or phone call is authentic.
- Don't be rushed – a genuine organisation won't mind waiting.
- Listen to your instincts – you know if something doesn't feel right.
- Stay in control – don't panic and make a decision you'll regret.
Its all about taking time to -
- Stop: Taking a moment to stop and think before parting with your money or information could keep you safe.
- Challenge: Could it be fake? It’s ok to reject, refuse or ignore any requests. Only criminals will try to rush or panic you.
- Protect: Contact your bank immediately if you think you’ve fallen for a scam and report it to Action Fraud.
If you'd like to know more, visit our Staying Safe Online pages.
KISS MY ISA
A straightforward, good value Stocks & Shares ISA that rewards you too. Do the bright thing and open yours from just £25 today.
Capital at risk.Check it out
Protecting your money
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, your eligible deposits with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee