Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Credit Card Flying Club Terms
These Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Credit Card Flying Club Terms are between you and us. We’re Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited (registered in England at The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9DF). The Flying Club terms and conditionsLink opens in a new window also apply.
Earning Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Credit Card Points
- We’ll give you 15,000 bonus Virgin Points if you make a purchase using your Reward+ Credit Card in the first 90 days. There’s no minimum spend.
- You’ll earn 1.5 Virgin Points for every £1 you spend on card purchases. You won’t earn Virgin Points on cash advances, balance transfers, money transfers, interest or fees.
- You’ll earn 3 Virgin Points for every £1 you spend directly with Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Holidays.
- There’s a cap on the Virgin Points you can earn each month based on your credit limit. So if your credit limit is £5,000, you’ll earn points on the first £5,000 of card purchases in a month. If you spend more than that, you won’t earn points on that bit. We’ll reset the counter every month on the date of your credit card statement. The cap doesn’t apply to bonus points.
- We’ll add your points to your Flying Club account every month within 5 days of your credit card statement date. You’ll get any bonus points in the month after you’ve earned them.
- You’ll get free entry to our Virgin Money lounges. You’ll just need to show your Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Credit Card and register for a Virgin Money Lounge card. More information on Virgin Money loungesLink opens in a new window
- Your card gives you access to free global Wi-Fi through Boingo:
- Boingo gives you access to over one million hotspots worldwide, including inflight access (selected aircraft and airlines only). The hotspots can change at any time so visit http://wifi.boingo.comLink opens in a new windowfor the current list.
- You can use up to four devices at once through Boingo including mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
- To use Boingo, you need to sign up to the Mastercard Cardholders programme hereLink opens in a new windowand then create a new account with Boingo. You might need to wait 48 hours after receiving your card to be able to sign up. If it doesn’t work after that, get in touch.
- Mastercard, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Money aren’t responsible for the quality, security, coverage or availability of the Boingo Wi-Fi network. They also can’t guarantee that it will work. You use Boingo at your own risk.
- You won’t be able to use Boingo if you close your Reward+ Credit Card. You also can’t let someone else use your Boingo account or sign up for Boingo instead of you.
- We can change or stop this benefit without telling you beforehand.
- Already have a Boingo plan? It won’t be cancelled automatically. If you want to cancel it, you need to phone Boingo. Visit https://mastercard.boingo.com/contact-usLink opens in a new window for details of how to get in touch.
- Help with connecting to Boingo and for further terms and conditionsLink opens in a new window
Earning Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Credit Card Flying Club Tier Rewards
- If you spend £10,000 or more on card purchases over 12 months, you’ll earn a reward. You can only earn one reward every 12 months. The 12 months resets on each anniversary of the date your Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Credit Card account was opened.
- Your choice depends on whether you’re a Red, Silver or Gold Flying Club member when you choose it. So if you’re a Red member when you earn your reward but a Silver member when you choose, you’ll get the Silver choices.
- You can choose a reward from:
- Companion Reward Ticket. Take one person with you in a reward seat:
- If you’re a Silver or Gold member when you book the companion reward seat won’t cost any points.
- If you’re a Red member when you book, the companion seat won’t cost any points in Economy Classic and Premium, or you’ll get a 50% reduction in the points needed for Upper.
- Upgrade Voucher. Upgrade any booking by one cabin into a reward seat. Available to all tiers.
- Clubhouse Pass. For one person to use in any Clubhouse worldwide when flying with Virgin Atlantic, Delta or AFKL International. No additional guests can be permitted. If you’re a Gold member, you’ll get two passes.
- The reward will automatically be added to your Flying Club account within 30 days of earning it. It’ll be ready to spend straightaway.
- If you want to spend a reward, visit https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/contact-us.htmlLink opens in a new windowto sort it out. There are some key things you need to know about certain types of reward first:
- If you choose an Upgrade or Companion Reward Ticket, you can use it on a round trip, or upgrade two one-way flights. It’s subject to availability because they come from a limited number of seats in booking classes G, P and A only. You’ll still need to pay any taxes, fees and surcharges.
- If you choose a Clubhouse Pass, it’ll be good for one entry to one Clubhouse. We’ll post it to you so make sure you leave at least two weeks before you want to use it. We won’t replace lost or stolen passes, or change the expiry date.
- You can spend your reward for up to 24 months from the date it’s issued. That means you have to have booked your flights and taken the outbound flight within those 24 months. You can take the return journey afterwards.
Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over.
The Virgin Atlantic Credit Card is issued by Clydesdale Bank PLC (trading as Virgin Money). Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC001111). Registered Office: 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL. Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd is an appointed representative of Clydesdale Bank PLC (trading as Virgin Money) which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Virgin Money adheres to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk Link opens in a new window
Your copy of the Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities Link opens in a new window