At Virgin Money, we take your privacy seriously.
Virgin Money Cashback gives you offers based on the information we know about you. Virgin Money Cashback is a reward-based programme managed on our behalf by Reward which is the trading name of Sports Loyalty Card Limited.
Sharing your information
We need to share your information with Virgin Red Limited, Reward and other partners so we can provide Virgin Money Cashback. We’ll analyse your information using automated and manual methods and create a profile to decide what offers may be useful for you. We’ll do that regularly to help make your offers relevant and also to track your purchases so you receive cashback. If you agree, we will send you marketing about Virgin Money Cashback offers.
The information may include:
- Your name
- Your postcode
- Your birthday
- Your email address
- Some of your credit and/or debit card and current account details
- Your Direct Debit details
- The last six months of your credit card transaction history when you first sign up
- The last 1 year of all debit card(s) and all current account(s) transaction history when you first sign up
- Up to 5 years’ credit and/or current account transaction history on a rolling basis from when you first start using Virgin Money Cashback
From time to time, we and Reward will exchange and supplement your data with additional information (including location and cookie tracking) in order to improve your experience with the programme. You can find this information on the cookie notice in the App.
You can sign up your credit card to Virgin Money Cashback in the Virgin Money Credit Card app and/or all of your current accounts in the Virgin Money Mobile Banking app. When you sign up, we’ll use the data we hold about you to enhance your experience. That means we’ll let Reward know what credit cards and current accounts you have signed up for cashback to combine your Virgin Money Cashback accounts where possible.
We may share your information within our Virgin Money UK PLC group for the purposes of providing you with cashback and our other services. We will also share it with organisations if the law requires us to (like the police).
We won’t send any of your personal information outside of the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes of providing Virgin Money Cashback.
Legal basis for using your information
We need to use your information:
- So we can do everything we’ve promised in the Virgin Money Cashback Terms. You agree to those when you sign up.
- For our legitimate interests. So things like studying how customers use Virgin Money Cashback. Your data may be provided to the programme’s retailer network and other trusted parties in order to enhance the programme, its capabilities and to help identify and understand trends in the retail sector. Only Virgin Money, Virgin Red and Reward will be able to identify your data in here.
If you agree, we’ll also send you marketing about Virgin Money Cashback offers and where to shop to earn cashback. You can change your mind at any time by using your preference centre on the app.
If you have a credit card and current account signed up for Virgin Money Cashback that have been matched, we’ll use the most recent cashback marketing preferences you selected.
Keeping your information
We will only keep your information for as long we need it and for no longer than 104 days after your Virgin Money Cashback account closes. This includes a 14-day cooling off period after the programme’s requirement of 90 days to hold transactions. We’ll keep the information we hold about your credit card and / or current account for longer, in the way that’s explained in our main Privacy Notice. You can ask us to delete your information at any time.
This information is on top of the information in the Virgin Money Privacy Notice. This tells you more about how we use your personal information, your privacy rights, our contact details and the contact details of our data protection officer.