Three levels of expert-rated cover
Lowest cost policy, £100 excess payable (per person) for each claim you make.
£75 excess payable (per person) for each claim you make.
Highest level of cover, £50 excess payable (per person) for each claim you make.
Travel with less of the stress
- Up to £15 million cover for medical expenses
- If you need treatment abroad you'll want top notch cover. Our Silver and Gold policies are five-star Defaqto rated.
- On hand to help, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Help is just a phone call away with our worldwide medical emergency assistance helpline.
- Cover for most pre-existing conditions, when declared and accepted
- There's no age limit on single-trip policies and we cover up to age 80 for annual-multi-trip.
- Covid cover included
- Cancellation and medical expenses are covered by us, as standard, if you’re diagnosed with Covid-19.*
Travel insurance directory
If you have a condition that means you pay significantly more for your insurance, it may be worth speaking to a specialist provider to compare quotes.View the MoneyHelper Directory
Popular questions about travel insurance and medical conditions
A pre-existing condition can be related to your physical or mental health, including:
- Anything you’ve had medical treatment or took medication for in the last year.
- Any medical condition that you’ve had in the past.
- Anything you’re undergoing investigation or testing for, or any new conditions you might develop between now and the start of your trip.
You can see the full details on the medical conditions you or the person travelling with need to declare when you get a quote online. It’ s really important you tell us about these conditions when you take out a policy to make sure you’re covered.
Download the Virgin Money Travel Insurance Policy Wording for full details and any exclusions.
You should declare any medical conditions when you get a quote. If you click the ‘Get a quote’ button above, you’ll be asked if you have any medical conditions. You’ll then be able to declare the conditions as part of the process.
Pregnancy is not considered a medical condition, so you don’t need to declare it on your travel insurance policy to be covered. However, pregnancy complications should be declared, for example: Diabetes in pregnancy.
- You are covered for bodily injury and illness whilst travelling when pregnant.
- Please make sure you check your transport provider’s guidelines before travelling as they may have restrictions.
- There is no cover for medical costs associated with normal pregnancy. This policy is designed to provide cover for unforeseen events, accidents, illnesses and diseases and normal childbirth would not constitute an unforeseen event.
- Any costs arising from your pregnancy or childbirth, if the expected date of delivery is less than 12 weeks (16 weeks for a multiple birth) after the end of the trip, are excluded.
We cover most medical conditions at any age, but if you have a condition that means you pay significantly more for your insurance, it may be worth speaking to a specialist provider to compare quotes.
Visit the MoneyHelper Directory of Specialist Insurance Providers or call 0800 138 7777 for more information.
When you declare a medical condition with us, you’ll be issued with a document called a ‘Medical Declaration’. This contains all the conditions that are covered on your policy and the information you gave us. To check this document, please login to the online portal, where all your documents are stored.
If your medical situation changes or you develop a new condition after buying your policy, then you will need to update your policy to make sure you’re covered, you may need to pay an extra premium for this. It’s really easy to do, simply call us on 0330 175 8283** and we’ll do everything we can to help. We’re here Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm except Bank Holidays.
Our policies provide you 24/7 worldwide medical assistance. Whenever and wherever you need us, help is just a phone call away:
+44 1403 788 702
If in the USA or Canada call +1 877 311 3720 or Mexico, please call +1 786 206 9921
You can also make claims via the online portal.