Things just got interesting
Feast on a 2.02% AER1 (2.00% gross1 per annum variable) interest rate, paid monthly, on the first £1,000 of your M Plus Account balance.
Plus, when you open an M Plus Account, you’ll get a linked M Plus Saver too.
Any money you move into your linked M Plus Saver will earn 0.35% AER1 (0.35% gross1 per annum variable), interest paid quarterly.
The account with the feel good factor
Take £50 from us and support a Virgin Money Giving registered charity in 2021.
Here’s a chance for you to make this a brighter year for charities and lift your spirits at the same time.
We’ll donate £50 to a charity of your choice, from over 13,000 charities registered with Virgin Money Giving. All you need to do is meet the qualifying terms, and we’ll email you an offer code and link. Next, choose your charity, and feel great that your donation is making a difference.
Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit company that has been supporting thousands of charities for the last 10 years. If you’d like to find out more about what they do, you can visit their website Link opens in a new window.Terms apply
Switch offer terms
To qualify for the free case of wine and Virgin Money Giving charity donation, make sure you read and follow a few simple steps within 31 days of your account opening date.
You’ll get the interest rate of 2.02% AER1 (2.00% gross1 per annum variable) on current account balances up to £1,000 as soon as you’ve opened your account.
Terms apply. Age 18+, UK only, offers may be withdrawn any time. Subject to availability. Excludes M and Club M Accounts and existing Virgin Money, Clydesdale & Yorkshire Bank current account customers, including closures since 30/11/20.
- Apply online for our M Plus Account.
- Complete a full bank account switch using the ‘Current Account Switch Service’.
- Download and register for the Virgin Money mobile banking app. You can do this as soon as your account is open.
- Transfer or set up at least two Direct Debits to your new account, and don’t cancel them before we send your offer code.
- Credit your linked M Plus Saver with at least £1,000, and keep this in your account until we send your offer code.
Set up and switch, all in one sitting
Apply online for your account, register for mobile banking and start your current account switch all at the same time.
Once you’ve applied, you can roll right into mobile banking registration. Packed full of clever tools, our app makes money easy, and it’s simple to set up.
Next, start your switch. We take care of it all from start to finish, all backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
Questions & answers
Great news - you can get our exclusive Virgin Wines offer and Virgin Money Giving charity donation once you've completed all of the offer conditions detailed in our terms. When that's done, we'll send you an email within 14 days with a unique offer code and instructions on how to claim for Virgin Wine. We'll also tell you how to select a charity and we'll donate £50 to them.
You can get our exclusive Virgin Wines offer and Virgin Money Giving charity donation once you've completed all of the offer conditions detailed in our terms. When that's done, we'll do some checks and send you an email within 14 days with a unique offer code and instructions on how to claim for Virgin Wine. We'll also tell you how to select a charity and we'll donate £50 to them.
If you applied before midnight on 14th February 2021, subject to meeting the offer conditions, you'll be eligible for our first Brighter Money Bundle, which offers you a free case of Virgin Wines worth £180, plus great offers available from Virgin Media.
We've launched this special offer just for new customers. Don't worry though, we haven't forgotten about you. Head to the 'Exclusive Rewards' section within your Virgin Money mobile app and see the exciting offers we have available to you, as a thank you for being a Virgin Money current account customer.
Existing business current account customers who don’t already have a Virgin Money, B, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank personal current account, or who haven't held a personal current account with us since 30 November 2020 will be eligible for the offer if they apply for our M Plus Account and meet the offer conditions.
We're really sorry, but this offer is only available for our M Plus Account. We're not running this offer on our M Account right now.
We're really sorry, but this offer is only available for our M Plus Account. We're not running this offer on our Club M Account right now.
This offer is subject to availability. Just so you know, we can remove the offer at any time without notice, however we'll try to give you notice if we can. If you apply while this offer is still available and everything checks out, you'll be accepted. Or if we withdraw the offer when you're in the middle of meeting all of the conditions, you'll still qualify. You just need to meet the rest of the conditions within 31 days of the date you opened your account.
You can do this straight away when you apply online and you'll be presented with the option to give us your switch instruction. On the other hand, if you want to come back and do this later there's a few options available to you. The simplest way to complete the CASS switch is online. Click here to sign-in Link opens in a new window, pick up your original application, and provide us with your existing bank details. Once you submit your online form, the rest is over to us. Remember to select a switch complete date that's within 31 days of your account opening date.
If you are applying for a Joint Account, we'll need to set this up over the phone. Just call us on 0800 678 3654.
If you have any active Direct Debits on your existing current account, they will be automatically transferred across to your new M Plus Account when you go ahead with the full switch. Don't worry, if you don't have any Direct Debits set up on your old account, you can set them up once your account is open. Remember to set them up within 31 days of your account opening date and keep them active until we send you your unique offer code.
In order to qualify for the incentive, you must download and use our mobile banking app. There are some fantastic features within the mobile app that will help make day to day banking easier.
The Virgin Money mobile app is available to version 10.0 or above for iPhones/iPads/iPod touch, and version 5 and above for Android.
Virgin Wines & Virgin Money Giving
Great news - you can get our exclusive Virgin Wines offer and Virgin Money Giving charity donation once you've completed all of the offer conditions detailed in our terms. When that's done, we'll send you an email within 14 days with your unique offer code and instructions on how to claim for Virgin Wine. We'll also tell you how to select a charity and we'll donate £50 to them.
Once we've confirmed everything, we'll send you an email with your unique offer code. Keep an eye on your inbox, as it might take up to 14 days for this to reach you. All you have to do is claim your offer with Virgin Wines and they'll send your case straight to your door within 14 days. Cheers!
We also have an exciting rewards and offers section within our mobile app for existing Virgin Money current account customers. If you meet the qualifying criteria and you've completed the steps for this exclusive new customer Virgin Wines offer, then don't worry. We'll do some checks and we'll email you shortly with a unique offer code and instructions on how to claim your wine.
The experts over at Virgin Wines have prepared a special case of wine with a selection of favourites that we hope you'll love. You can't choose your own case, but you can choose whether you would like an alcoholic or non-alcoholic case when you redeem your offer.
Each case will contain 12 wines as listed below. Should any wines become out of stock, these will be replaced with wines of equal or higher value.
|Torre Aguila Gran Reserva||Red||Spain||1|
|Kirriemuir Semillon Chardonnay||White||Australia||1|
|Conte di Campiano Sangiovese Rubicone IGT||Red||Italy||1|
|Brio Pinot Grigio||White||Italy||2|
|Warrior Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc||White||New Zealand||1|
|Finca Manzanos Seleccion de la Familia Rioja||Red||Spain||2|
|Domaine Andre Brunel Vin de Pays de Vaucluse||Red||France||1|
|Finca Manzanos Seleccion de la Familia Rioja Blanco||White||Spain||1|
|The Black Pig Viognier||White||Australia||1|
|Three Gables Reserve Shiraz||Red||South Africa||1|
The alcohol-based case is worth £138 (excluding delivery) and the alcohol free case is worth £75 (excluding delivery). Whichever you choose will be delivered free of charge.
Once we've confirmed everything, we'll send you an email with your unique offer code. Keep an eye on your inbox, as it might take up to 14 days for this to reach you. Then simply follow the instructions within the email. There is a link which will take you to our Virgin Money Giving website. From here, you will be asked to enter your unique offer code, search for and confirm the charity you'd like us to donate £50 to, and the rest is over to us.
Virgin Money Giving have over 13,000 registered charities, so we hope your chosen charity will be available to choose from. We understand that some smaller charities will not be registered with Virgin Money Giving, however we cannot offer a cash alternative to this offer.
No, unfortunately we can’t claim Gift Aid on your donation because Gift Aid only applies to donations that come from individuals. These donations will be made from Virgin Money, to the charity that you would like us to donate to on your behalf.
Once we've sent you an email with your unique offer code and you’ve chosen your charity the funds will be sent to Virgin Money Giving who will pay your donation to the charity within 7 days.
No, the donation will come from Virgin Money and we won’t pass on any of your details to the charity. When you follow the steps on the Virgin Money Giving website, you'll see a message to let you know your donation has been confirmed. Then, you can sit back and let us take care of the rest.
Looking for our previous bundles offers?
Terms & conditions
Virgin Wines and Virgin Money Giving Switching Offer
- Who can take up this offer?
- New M Plus Account customers who:
- are 18+;
- are resident in the UK;
- don’t already have a Virgin Money, B, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank current account; and
- haven’t held a Virgin Money, B, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank current account since 30 November 2020.
- This offer isn’t available with our M and Club M accounts, unfortunately.
- New M Plus Account customers who:
- How do you take up this offer?
- Apply online for our M Plus Account.
- You won’t be able to take up this offer if we need to decline your application. This could happen for example, if you aren’t eligible due to your financial circumstances. This includes where we offer you the M account instead of the M Plus Account.
- Complete a full bank account switch using the 'Current Account Switch Service'.
- Select a switch complete date that’s within 31 days of your account opening date.
- As part of your switch, you’ll need to transfer all your regular outgoing payments from the account you hold with another bank or building society. Note this doesn't include any recurring payments set up on your old debit card, such as film and music streaming subscriptions.
- You must transfer or set up of at least two direct debits for your new account. Just make sure to do this within 31 days of your account opening date. You can’t cancel them before we send your rewards redemption code (see section 3 for details).
- You’ll need to give an account closure instruction for the account you are switching from.
- If you are switching from a joint account, you’ll need to make sure both account holders agree to switch.
- You can find out more about the 'Current Account Switch Service' process here Link opens in a new window.
- Download and register for the Virgin Money Mobile Banking app. You can do this as soon as your account is open. You’ll need to do this within 31 days of your account opening date.
- Your M Plus Account comes with a linked savings account. You’ll need to credit this with at least £1,000 within 31 days of your account opening date. You need to keep at least £1,000 in your linked savings account until we send your rewards redemption code.
- Apply online for our M Plus Account.
- What is the offer?
- If you meet the offer conditions, you’ll get the Virgin Wines and Virgin Money Giving rewards described below.
- We’ll send you an e-mail with a rewards redemption code within 14 days of you meeting the offer conditions. You can use this code to redeem your rewards with both Virgin Wines and Virgin Money Giving. We’ll send your code to the e-mail you gave during your account application. The e-mail will provide instructions on how to use your code to redeem the rewards through the Virgin Wines and Virgin Money Giving websites.
- Your rewards redemption code can be used until 31 January 2022. Make sure to redeem your rewards before then.
- We will give you a promotional case of pre-selected wines from our friends at www.virginwines.co.uk Link opens in a new window. There are 12 x 750ml bottles in the case worth £138.
- If you’d prefer to receive a case of non-alcoholic wine, you can select that option with Virgin Wines instead. In the non-alcoholic case there are 15 x 750ml bottles worth £75.
- If Virgin Wines are “out of stock” on any of the wines, you’ll get an alternative wine of equal or higher value.
- Virgin Wines terms of sale apply, including delivery timescales. You can find the terms here Link opens in a new window.
- We will donate £50 to a charity of your choice. You can choose from any of the 13,000 charities registered with Virgin Money Giving.
- You need to choose your selected charity using the link provided in our rewards redemption e-mail. After you’ve done this, we will donate the £50 on your behalf.
- The £50 donation can only be given to charities. It can’t be given to individual fundraising campaigns and it can’t be taken as cash.
- As the donation will come from us here at Virgin Money, it won’t be possible to “gift aid” donations. The “gift aid” rules don’t allow this, unfortunately.
- Your donation can’t be refunded if you change your mind or select the wrong charity.
- When can you take up the offer?
- The offer will be available on an ongoing basis until we withdraw it. We can withdraw the offer without giving you any advance notice, but we’ll try to give some notice if we can.
- The offer is subject to availability. This means we will definitely withdraw the offer when the Virgin Wines promotional stock has been used up. We might also withdraw the offer if we need to make changes to the M Plus Account.
- You don’t need to worry if we withdraw the offer when you’re part way through meeting the offer conditions. For example, if you’ve opened your account but haven’t transferred the £1,000 yet. As long as you’d submitted your account application before we withdraw the offer, you can still qualify. You’ll just need to continue to meet the rest of the conditions.
- What else do you need to know?
- You can only benefit from this offer once. If you are a joint account holder, you can only take part once between you and your joint account holder.
- Applications for the M Plus Account are subject to status and eligibility criteria.
- We’ll use your personal information to help us run the offer.
- English law applies to the offer.
- If something goes wrong, we’ll try to fix it. If we can’t because it’s something we can’t control, or it’s not our fault, then we may have to change the offer. This includes suspending the offer or ending it early. We can make such changes without giving you notice. However, we’ll try our best to avoid making changes. And we’ll try to minimise any disappointment to you when we make changes.
- Although we’ll be working closely with our friends at Virgin Wines and Virgin Money Giving on this promotion, we aren't responsible for any marketing on their websites.
- Who is the promoter?
- We are Clydesdale Bank PLC trading as Virgin Money.
- Our company number is SC001111.
- Our registered office is 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL.