No jargon, no waffle, just three no-nonsense investment choices.See our approaches
Our experts invest your money worldwide to reduce risk and help it grow, at a fair price.Learn more about charges
We carefully consider the influence your investments will have on people and the planet.See how we invest responsibly
Treat yourself with rewards from the Virgin family and beyond.
Remember, the value of investments can go up and down, so you may get back less money than you put in. Tax depends on your individual circumstances and the regulations may change in the future.
Let’s get moving
It’s easy to get started in just a few minutes.
- Choose how you’d like to grow your money
Select your investing style (from Cautious to Adventurous) then our experts take care of the rest.
- Open an account and tell us about the investment accounts you’d like to transfer
The more info you can give us about the investment accounts you’d like to transfer to us, the quicker it should be to move your money.Check before you transfer
- That's it, nothing more to do
We'll be in touch if we need more info, and we'll let you know as soon as your money lands in your account
Three investment approaches to suit your style
It’s easy to decide which investment approach is right for you. Our handy Investment Mix and straightforward descriptions will help you choose.
Cautious Growth approach
A slower, cautious approach to growing your money in the longer term – for people looking to reduce ups and downs along the way.
Balanced Growth approach
A balanced approach to growing your money in the longer term – for people comfortable with more ups and downs than our Cautious Growth approach.
Adventurous Growth approach
Higher potential to grow your money in the longer term – for people willing to accept more ups and downs than our Balanced Growth approach.
See how much your money could grow
Our Investment Account calculator is the quick and easy way to see how bright your financial future could be.
Investment MixClose Modal
- Higher potential returns and risk
- Lower potential returns and risk
The Investment Mix shows you how much of your money typically goes into higher risk investments with higher potential returns, and how much goes into lower risk investments with lower potential returns.
For more info, check out our guide.Investing money and the risks.
Stay in control with our Online Service and app
Making it easy to keep track of your investments wherever you are.Find out more about online service
The serious bits
- Our charges are 0.75% in total each year, based on the value of your account. This is made up of two clear and simple charges. An Account Charge of 0.30% for managing your account and an Annual Management Charge of 0.45% for managing your investments.
More about our charges
- Our Terms
- Everything you need to know, explained clearly. Includes the Key Features of the Investment Account and how we use your personal information.
Terms Link opens in a new window Our funds and charges Link opens in a new window
- We help keep you safe online with our extra level of protection.
More about security
- Protecting your money
- In the unlikely event we can’t meet our financial obligations, you may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Service Compensation Scheme (FSCS) up to a maximum value of £85,000.
Find out about the FSCS
- Fund Value Assessment report
- An evaluation of our funds' value for money and performance. Its purpose is to report on whether we believe we are providing good value. It also outlines our plans if there are things we think we can improve.
Find out about the Fund Value Assessment report
A couple of things to keep in mind when you're transferring existing investment accounts to us.
- Your investments will be cashed in first and transferred to us as cash
- Before requesting a transfer just check for charges with your current provider
Got a question?
We've got the answer.
That depends on the type of investments you have and who your provider is. Sometimes it can take a few weeks, but we'll make it as quick and easy as we can. Here's how it works.
You give us details of the account(s) you want to transfer – including your current provider, your plan or account reference and the amount you want to transfer.
We'll contact your existing provider and usually get everything sorted online. Some providers won’t accept a digital signature, so we might get in touch again to ask you to sign and return a transfer form by post.
You'll be able to track the progress of your transfer in Online Service and we'll let you know when everything's complete.
You can transfer the value of existing investment accounts or general investment accounts into your Virgin Money Investment Account – when you apply or later on. Just remember, your current provider will need to sell your investments and transfer the value of them to us as cash. So you will be out of the market for a short time while the transfer is happening.
You can make payments into your Investment Account by:
- Debit card - if you're making a single payment.
- Direct debit - if you're making regular monthly payments.
- Transferring another investment account (or general investment account) to us.
- You can stop, start or change your payments whenever you like.