- Know exactly how much interest you will earn.
- Bring all your ISAs together in one place with our simple ISA transfer service.
- View your ISA online and on our mobile app.
- Feel the love with our Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you
- Want a fixed return on your savings.
- Have a one-off amount to put away.
- Want to bring all of your ISAs together.
- This ISA is open to customers with a current account from Virgin Money, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank (apart from our Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock).
- You can pay in up to £20,000 in the current tax year, and there's no limit on ISA transfers.
- You can only subscribe to one Cash ISA in any tax year. If you want to transfer your current year's subscriptions, then the full amount must be transferred.
Deadlines for ISA deposits 2023/2024
If you’re investing in a new ISA, or topping up an existing one, please note that your deposit must be made by a certain time to count towards this year’s ISA allowance.
- - Postal cheque deposits must be with us by Friday 5 April.
- - Cash/cheque deposits need to be made in a Virgin Money store by close of business on Friday 5 April.
- - Virgin Money Mobile and Internet Banking deposits must be made by 10pm Friday 5 April.
- - Faster Payments transfer from another bank must be made before midnight Friday 5 April.
If your deposit is not made by the timings above, it will not count towards this year’s ISA allowance, instead it will count towards the new 2024/2025 tax year instead.
Deposits for the new 2024/2025 tax year will be accepted from Saturday 6 April 2024
Please read the following Summary box before applying for this account
Account name: 1 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA Exclusive Issue 10
|31 January 2025
Interest is calculated daily on your balance and paid to your account at the end of the fixed term. Or when you close your account, if that's earlier.
Please note: Depending on when you open your account, the fixed term may not be a 12 month period. The fixed term will always end on the maturity date and the maturity date will not change.
No. The interest rate is fixed from the day you open your 1 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA Exclusive until the maturity date. This means we can't change the rate until after the fixed rate period.
|Projected balance at the end of the fixed term
|1 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA Exclusive Issue 10
This is an example for info only. We've not considered your individual circumstances. We've assumed that you haven't taken any money out or paid any more in, and interest has been added to your account. This projection uses the AER.
- You can only open this account online or in one of our Stores.
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 or over. Check our Terms for guidance if you're a UK Government employee working overseas.
- You also need to have a current account with Virgin Money which was opened on or after 4 December 2019. Or, you originally opened your current account with Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank or B such as a Signature Current Account.
- There is no minimum amount required to open and maintain this account.
- Each tax year you can save up to your annual ISA allowance, which is £20,000 in the 2023/2024 tax year. This may change in future tax years. We'll put this info on our website and in our Stores, so you know. But you could also check the HMRC website. Remember, the annual ISA allowance amount can be spread across other ISA types you may have. If you are paying into another type of ISA in the same tax year, payments to that ISA will also be included in this annual ISA allowance.
- If you pay any money into the account that takes the balance over the maximum annual ISA allowance limit, we'll need to return to you the amount you've paid in over the maximum allowance.
Paying into your account can be made by:
- Cash (at most of our stores)
- Electronic transfer
- You can also transfer an existing ISA to us from another provider
- Transfer money from an existing account with us (subject to the terms and conditions of that account).
You can manage your account by:
- Writing to us
- Talking to us in Store
- Calling us (as long as you're registered for telephone banking)
- Using internet and mobile banking (as long as you're registered for these services).
- You can pay money into your ISA as soon as it's opened, right up until 30 days after we stop selling this account. After that you can't pay in any more money. You can pay as much as you like into your account – up to the annual ISA allowance. Check your Terms for more details.
- You can take some or all of your money out of your account during the fixed term, but you can't put money back in. Any amount you pay into your ISA will count towards your annual ISA allowance limit even if you later withdraw it.
- You can take money out of your account, or transfer to another provider whenever you want. And there is no need to give us notice. You'll be charged 60 days' interest on the amount taken out during the fixed term.
- At the end of the fixed term, subject to eligibility we'll move you onto an Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive account. We'll write and tell you at least 14 days before the end of the fixed rate period. See your Terms for more info.
- You can take money out of your 1 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA Exclusive by writing to us or talk to us in Store.
- Remember that any money you take out of your ISA will no longer benefit from the tax treatment an ISA receives, unless you transfer it directly into another ISA.
- You can only save into one Cash ISA in any tax year. But you can also transfer all or part of previous tax year's Cash ISA into this account. Check the Terms for more info.
- If you close your 1 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA Exclusive and don't transfer the money to another ISA, that money will no longer benefit from the tax treatment an ISA receives.
- This is a limited issue account. We can withdraw it at any time without notice.
- Please remember the tax treatment of ISAs depends on your individual circumstances and may change in the future.
- You can cancel your account within 14 days of opening. Your money will be returned in full with interest.
Save with confidence
We're covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Before you apply
Before applying please make sure that you have read the following. Retain copies for future reference.
We don't like to brag but it's good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don't just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we've won.
High Street Savings Provider of the Year (Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2018 & 2019)
Best Cash ISA Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018 & 2019)
Best Multi-Channel Savings Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2019)
Before you applyClose Modal
Have you got the key?
This Cash ISA is only open to customers with a current account from Virgin Money, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank (apart from our Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock).
Got one of those, that’s great!Start your Cash ISA application
Don't have one of our current accounts?
Take a look at our range today. it's easy to sign up and you'll get access to our Cash ISA Exclusives and more.View our current account