Skip to main content

Available options

Going away or had a change in circumstances? You can apply to rent out your home for up to 12 months.  You can also reapply to extend this if you need to.

What's involved?

The terms of your mortgage explain that you need out permission to rent out your home. Once we’ve received your application, we’ll check the details and let you know if you’re good to go.

Just remember you can't switch to a new mortgage deal whilst you're renting out your home, or take additional borrowing. Other restrictions may apply, and we'll discuss these with you where applicable.

If you are a member of the armed forces however, and have an active posting, some exceptions apply. You will still be able to take out a new deal whilst renting out the property, as well being able to rent your property out within 6 months of completion of the mortgage.

How to apply

  1. Check out our guidance notes Link opens in a new window
  2. Download and complete the application form Link opens in a new window
  3. Return your completed application form to Link opens in a new window

If you've had a change in personal circumstances and need to add or remove a person from your mortgage, a change of parties can be requested.

Learn what you need to do

To change your name or address details we must have the necessary legal documents and authorised signature(s). This can be done by printing off the relevant form below and returning, with the necessary legal documentation, to our Main Office address provided on the form.

    If you wish to pay your mortgage by Direct Debit or Standing Order you may print off and complete the relevant form and return this to the address which is provided on the form.

    All mortgage payment Direct Debits will be collected on the 1st of each month, please make sure you have set this up. If this lands over a weekend or a bank holiday, the direct debit will be collected on the next working day.

You can enable a third party to discuss or request details of your mortgage account on your behalf. However, to arrange this we must have a valid authority signed by all parties to your mortgage. This can be done by printing off and completing the relevant form below and then returning it to our main office address, quoted on the bottom of the form.

Any third party to whom authority is given will be unable to make material changes to your mortgage account, for example, changing personal or bank details or requesting a borrow back of funds. Any authority will remain in place for 12 months only. If you want to extend the authority you will need to send in a new request, signed by all parties named on your mortgage every 12 months.

You can do this in the following ways:

  • Complete our online redemption statement form to request a copy be posted
  • Contact us at our UK based call centres on 0345 602 8301 for further information
  • Write to us at: Redemptions department, Jubilee House, Virgin Money, Gosforth, NE3 4PL.
  • Solicitors can request a redemption statement using our online facility

Please ensure you specify your preferred date of redemption.

Fill in our online certificate of interest form to request a certificate of interest for the last tax year or the one before

Fill in our online interim statement form to request an interim statement for your account

Where any part of the loan is on an Interest Only basis and sale of the mortgaged property has been selected as the repayment plan, each applicant must read and sign our Interest only Sale of Mortgaged Property declaration.

To add an Attorney to a mortgage, please complete the form below along with the Power of Attorney document and either bring it to one of our Stores or post it to us.

  • Post it to us: Freepost Virgin Money, NEA 3780, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4ZE.

Don’t risk losing your home – keep up those mortgage repayments

Like to talk to us

To find out more please call us to discuss your options

0345 602 8301

We're here from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm Saturday.

Call charges and information
03 numbersSame as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.
084 numbersMaximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.
087 numbersMaximum of 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.
0800 numbersFree from UK landlines and personal mobile phones.