The Green Flag app is the quickest and easiest way to get help if you break down. You can request a rescue and get real-time updates of where your technician is, in just a few taps.
Download the free Green Flag app
Dont have the app?
You can also call Green Flag on:
0345 602 2369
If you have difficulty hearing
Text 'RESCUE' followed by your message to 61009. Texts may be chargeable. Please check with your network provider.
Looking for the latest motoring news and advice?
Green Flag have got you covered. Check out the Green Flag blog for expert maintenance and safety advice, updates on the world of motoring, and even the odd quiz (just to keep you busy).
The cover provides help if your vehicle is broken down at the roadside or at your home address. If Green Flag can’t get it going, they’ll take you and the vehicle to a repairer of their choice or a single destination of your choice within 10 miles.
Key benefits of your cover
- Green Flag covers the account holders named
- With Personal Cover, you’re covered whether you’re a driver or a passenger
- Green Flag will help you at the roadside and at home, wherever you are in the UK
- No call out charges
- Personal cover – you’re covered in any vehicle whether you are the driver or passenger, as long as the vehicle that you’re in is privately registered and used in the UK. You can call us out under this cover up to eight times in any 12-month period of cover
- Green Flag will recover you and your vehicle to a local repairer of their choice, or they will take you and your vehicle to a location of your choice within 10 miles of where the breakdown happened.
- Green Flag covers specialist equipment when you need it. For example, if you’re stuck in water, mud, sand or snow (unless it’s following a road traffic accident)
- If your vehicle runs out of charge, Green Flag will recover you to the nearest charging point
- Green Flag can send messages to anyone to let them know you’re running late if you breakdown
- You have the option to upgrade your cover with Green Flag to include National Recovery and cover in Europe at an additional premium
- Faults that you previously called Green Flag out for that haven’t been fixed
- Breakdowns where Green Flag can’t reach the vehicle or has no legal access
- Vehicles being used for motor racing, off-road driving, rallies, track days, duration or speed tests
- Vehicles with trade plates, just bought at auction or just imported
- Vehicles being moved for commercial reasons
- Costs not immediately to do with getting the vehicle back on the road, such as loss of earnings
- If the vehicle fails to meet any legal requirements and driving laws that apply including having a valid MOT, Road Tax and Insurance
- Onward travel or additional travel options unless you have upgraded to National cover and paid the additional premium.
Upgrade your cover
You can update cover to National or European Cover by simply paying an additional premium.
For further details call Green Flag on:
0345 602 2369
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no limit to the number of times you can call Green Flag for assistance for your vehicle.
Green Flag operate a fair usage policy – when you’re travelling as a driver or passenger in a car other than your own (this is known as Personal Cover), this is limited to eight call-outs in any 12-month period.
The vehicle is covered for any driver – if they’re driving the car with your permission. The driver of the car can call Green Flag on 0345 602 2369. They will need to provide the name and address of the account holder.
Yes. Call 0345 602 2369 and select breakdown cover for a quote to include National and/or European cover. An insurance premium would be payable directly to Green Flag.
You can download the free Green Flag app. Within the app you can add your policy, using your account number and sort code.
Once you have done this, you will be able to:
- Book a rescue
- Use the phone's GPS to provide your location
- Check the Tax & MOT status of your car (you will not be able to book a rescue if your car does not have a valid MOT & Tax)
- Track the Green Flag technician when they are on their way to your location
Visit https://www.greenflag.com/apps Link opens in a new window for more info.