- Earn higher interest for limited access.
- Top up your savings whenever you like.
- Awarded Best Online Savings Account Provider 2018 by Your Money.
- Feel the love with our customer Lounges, Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you...
- Don't need to access your money regularly.
- Want to top up your savings whenever you like.
- Like managing your money online.
- You can only take out money twice in a calendar year.
- The interest rate could change.
Please read the following Summary Box before applying for this account
Annual interest is paid on 11 March and will be available the next working day. Monthly interest is paid on the 10th day of each month, and will be available the next working day.
Rates are variable. This means we may increase or decrease interest rates at any time. When we decrease interest rates we will give you at least 14 days' notice before the rate reduces. You can close or transfer your account for 30 days from the date of the notice without being charged even if you have already made two withdrawals that calendar year. Please refer to section 10 within the Savings terms and conditions.
|Double Take E-Saver Issue 10||£1,015.00|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the annual interest rate.
- This account can be opened online by UK residents aged 16 or over.
- Only one account can be opened per customer per issue.
- Minimum to open £1.
- Minimum additional deposit £1.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Maximum deposit limit £250,000. For all accounts the maximum deposit limit also applies to joint accounts.
- If a deposit results in your account going over the maximum deposit limit we will return the additional money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
- Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Arranging an electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- Minimum withdrawal amount is £1 (or less if closing).
- Two withdrawals can be made per calendar year. Once the second withdrawal has been made no further withdrawals can be made until the next calendar year. Closing your account counts as a withdrawal and so you will not be able to close your account if you have already made two withdrawals in a calendar year.
- If you make two withdrawals per calendar year you will receive a notification that you can no longer access your funds until the next calendar year.
- Simply log into your account and arrange to take money in the following ways:
- Arranging an electronic transfer.
- Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- This account is a non-payment account.
- The automatic deduction of tax on savings interest ceased with effect from 6 April 2016.
- We pay interest without deducting income tax, unless HMRC/the law requires otherwise. However, depending on your personal circumstances, you may be liable to pay income tax on the interest you have earned. Please visit www.gov.uk/apply-tax-free-interest-on-savings for further information. We do not issue Certificates of interest paid and tax deducted automatically. However, once you have requested and received a Certificate of interest paid and tax deducted we will provide further certificates in April each subsequent year that the account remains open and, for closed accounts, in the tax year the account is closed.
- Please note, the tax treatment and rate of interest payable depend on the individual circumstances of each customer and may change in the future.
- Each month that there is a transaction on your account (other than an interest payment), we may email you at least once to let you know a statement is available to view online. You can view your transactions online at any time.
We hope we can resolve any issues you may have in the first instance, but if you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write the details of your complaint to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money plc, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which provides independent adjudication of complaints. A copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leaflet PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 164KB) is available on request.
If you are not happy with your choice of account within 14 days of opening it, we will help you switch accounts.
If you wish to take advantage of this 14 day cancellation period please contact our Main Office at:
Or visit your local Virgin Money Store to cancel your account. If you do cancel your account the full amount of your investment, together with any interest earned in accordance with your account details will be returned to you.
It is not possible for a Power of Attorney account to be operated online. To apply as a Power of Attorney please download an application form PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 129KB) , complete and return to the address provided on the form. Your account will then be opened and operated by post via our Main Office.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Clydesdale and Virgin Money are becoming one bank
In October 2018, Virgin Money plc (Virgin Money) joined forces with Clydesdale Bank PLC (Clydesdale).
If you also have any products with Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank or B, we need to make you aware of some important information before you apply. This includes how your Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protection could be affected.
Apply now in just 10 minutes
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our Lounges
We don’t like to brag but it’s good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we’ve won:
Best Online Savings Provider (Your Money 2018)
Best Bank Savings Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018)
Best Overall Cash ISA Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2018)
We’re here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts – or if it’s out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View the top savings queries
Virgin Group discounts
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts