Skip to main content

What’s covered?

If you’re surfing it up on the Gold Coast of Australia or hitting the greens on the Costa del Sol, you’ll be covered.

  • Over 60 sports and activities as standard
  • Lost, theft, or damage to your belongings
  • Emergency medical treatment
Get a quote

What activities and sports are covered?

We cover a wide range of over 60 sports and activities as standard. Check our policy wording to see the full list of what is and isn’t covered. Here are some examples of what we cover:

  • Hiking
  • Surfing
  • Snorkelling
  • Swimming with dolphins
  • Cycling
  • Golf

Choose your core cover

Pick from 3 levels of travel insurance cover available with single-trip and annual multi-trip policies.

Emergency medical and repatriation expenses£10m£12.5m£15m
Personal possessions£1,250£2,000£3,000
Standard gadget cover£500£500£750
Personal money£500£750£1,000
Legal costs and expenses£25,000£25,000£25,000

Sub-limits and excesses may apply. Full table of benefits can be found in our policy wording.

Add-on your extras

Pay a little more and extend your travel insurance with our optional add-ons:

Winter sports insurance provides cover for:

  • emergency medical treatment caused by taking part in a winter sport
  • the delay, loss, theft or damage to your ski equipment
  • ski pack expenses
  • piste closure
  • avalanche closure

This is for activities and risks associated with going on a cruise. You’ll get:

  • increased cover for your personal possessions
  • cover for if you’re confined to your cabin
  • cover for missed excursions and cruise itinerary changes

This gives you extra protection for your gadgets while you're on holiday. Cover includes:

  • theft
  • loss
  • accidental damage
  • malicious damage

If your gadget is stolen, you could get £1,000 for unauthorised usage of calls, messages and downloads.

When you make a claim you'll have to pay an excess charge. If you want to waive this cost, add 'excess waiver' cover to your policy.

Adding this as an extra means that if a vehicle you've rented gets damaged, you can get back the excess or deposit set out in the rental agreement.

Get a travel insurance quote online

Get a quote

Virgin Money Travel Insurance is promoted by CYB Intermediaries Ltd, registered at Jubilee House, Gosforth, NE3 4PL (Company No: 04056283) who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Financial Services Register no. 305065 and administered by Hood Travel Limited, registered in England No. 08318836 at 2nd Floor, Dencora Court, Tylers Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2BB. Hood Travel Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Financial Services Register no. 597211. The core elements of Virgin Money Travel Insurance are underwritten by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI) on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance UK Ltd. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN. Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting; Link opens in a new window