5 quick steps
- Select "Switch now" below
- Log in and choose your application
- Confirm you’re ready to switch over
- Tell us your old account details
- Let us know when you want to switch
We’ll take care of everything else, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
What we'll do for you
- Transfer your balance to your new current account and arrange for your old one to be closed*. It takes around seven days.
- Transfer all your regular outgoing payments. Note this doesn't include any recurring payments set up on your old debit card, such as film and music streaming subscriptions.
- Send any money paid into your old account to your new one automatically.
- Give details of your new account to anyone making payments to your old one.
- It’s all covered by the Current Account Switch Guarantee, so you'll get a refund if there are any holdups which mean you lose interest or you have to pay interest or other charges.
*If you're using the overdraft on your old account, you'll need to pay the money back or arrange an overdraft limit with us (subject to status) before your switch starts. Otherwise your old account can't be closed.
If your new bank or building society agrees, bank accounts that include an overdraft can switch using the Current Account Switch Service. And if you'd like to have an overdraft with your new bank account, speak to your new bank or building society before starting your switch. Your new bank or building society will be able to advise if you're eligible for an overdraft, dependent on their lending criteria and your credit status.
The Current Account Switch Guarantee
The Current Account Switch Service moves your current account from one bank or building society to another in just seven working days. If there are any holdups which mean you lose or pay interest or other charges, you’ll be refunded. The whole process is quick, reliable and guaranteed.Read the full Current Account Switch Guarantee Link opens in a new window
If we agree, you’ll also be able to transfer your overdraft to us using the Current Account Switch Service. Just tell us before starting your switch. We’ll let you know if you’re eligible.