- Get a tax-free Government bonus of up to £3,000 (terms apply).
- Save between £1 and £200 a month.
- Awarded Best Online Cash ISA Provider 2018 by Your Money.
- Feel the love with our customer Lounges, Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you...
- Are saving for your first home.
- Can afford to put away up to £200 a month, plus up to £1,000 extra in the first month.
- Like managing your money online.
- The property you buy must be £250,000 or less (or up to £450,000 in London).
- You’ll need to save at least £1,600 in the account to qualify for the 25% Government bonus.
- You’ll receive the Government bonus on completion.
Please read the following Summary Box before applying for this account
Annual interest is paid on 11 March, and will be available the next working day. Monthly interest is paid on the last day of the month, and will be available the next working day.
|Help to Buy: ISA Issue 4||£1,230.00|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the annual interest rate.
This account can be opened online by UK residents aged 16 years and over, who do not, and have not previously owned their own home.
- If you are opening this account with the intention of claiming the 25% government bonus, please ensure that you meet all of the eligibility criteria set out at helptobuy.gov.uk/help-to-buy-isa/how-does-it-work Opens in a new window .
- You can only open an account in the name of one person – joint accounts are not allowed.
- The account holder must have a National Insurance number.
- Minimum to open £1.
- Minimum additional deposit £1. There is no obligation to add to your Help to Buy: ISA each month.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Each tax year you can pay in up to the sum of your monthly tax-free allowances (subject to the terms and conditions of your account). The monthly allowance is currently £200 per calendar month, plus in the first calendar month of your Help to Buy: ISA you can subscribe an additional £1,000.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
- Only one Help to Buy: ISA can be opened per person.
- If a deposit results in your account going over the maximum deposit limit we will return the additional money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash – Store** only.
- Arranging an electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- There are limits on the amounts you can deposit each calendar month but access to your funds is not restricted. An ISA may become void if invalid contributions are made and we may transfer the account to a non-ISA account which may not pay the same interest rate as the current ISA. This account will also no longer be eligible for the Help to Buy: ISA Scheme.
- Minimum withdrawal amount is £1 (or less if closing).
- If you withdraw money from your Help to Buy: ISA you cannot pay money back in to your account beyond the £200 per calendar month deposit limit. This could impact how quickly you can save for your first home and/or the amount of bonus you can claim.
You can have access to your money whenever you need it. Simply log into your account and arrange to take money in the following ways:
- Electronic transfer.
- Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- This account is a non-payment account.
- Each month that there is a transaction on your account (other than an interest payment), we may email you at least once to let you know a statement is available to view online. You can view your transactions online at any time.
- Interest payments will not be counted towards the maximum £200 monthly deposit.
- When you close your account we will send you a closing document that you will need to provide to your solicitor or licensed conveyancer.
- We will contact you each year to remind you of the eligibility criteria of a Help to Buy: ISA. However, this information can be found at anytime by visiting helptobuy.gov.uk/help-to-buy-isa/how-does-it-work Opens in a new window .
- Please also remember the tax advantages depend on your individual circumstances and the tax treatment of ISAs may change in the future.
- No bonus payment will be paid by Virgin Money.
- By opening a Help to Buy: ISA you limit the amount of tax-free savings you can make in a Stocks and Shares ISA, an Innovative Finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA.
- Participation in the scheme will not result in an eligible customer qualifying for any other financial product or service, or any other HTB scheme or similar offered by Her Majesty’s Government.
We hope we can resolve any issues you may have in the first instance, but if you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write the details of your complaint to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money plc, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which provides independent adjudication of complaints. A copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leafletPDF opens in a new window(PDF, 164KB) is available on request.
If you are not happy with your choice of account within 14 days of depositing your ISA subscription, we will help you close your account and you will not lose your right to invest in another Cash ISA, Stocks and Shares ISA, Innovative Finance ISA or Lifetime ISA for that tax year. If you wish to take advantage of this 14-day rule, you must send your cancellation in writing to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, NE3 4PL, when you close your account we will ensure that our reports to HM Revenue & Customs reflect the correct position. If you do cancel your account, the full amount of your investment, together with any interest earned will be returned to you.
It is not possible for a Power of Attorney account to be operated online. To apply as a Power of Attorney please download an application form PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 376KB) , complete and return to the address provided on the form. Your account will then be opened and operated by post via our Main Office.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Apply now in just 10 minutes
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our Lounges
We don’t like to brag but it’s good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we’ve won:
Best Online Savings Provider (Your Money 2018)
Best Bank Savings Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018)
Best Overall Cash ISA Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2018)
We’re here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts – or if it’s out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View the top savings queries
Virgin Group discounts
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts