What is an all round credit card?
All Round Credit Cards give you the best of both worlds – low introductory interest rates on balance transfers and on whatever you spend. Handy if you’ve got things to buy, but you also want to pay off existing debts at a lower rate.
With any new card, it’s important to know:
- How long your introductory rate will last.
- What the standard interest rate (or APR) will be once your introductory rate ends.
- If you’ll have to pay any other fees.
- How long will the promotional rate last?
- Will you save money over the promotional period?
- What is the standard interest rate after your promotional period ends?
- You’ll need to make your minimum payment when it’s due. If you don’t, we’ll stop your promotional rate (from the start of that statement period). So it’s worth setting up a Direct Debit to meet your monthly repayment.
- When your promotional rate ends or we stop it, we’ll charge you the current standard interest rate.
A balance transfer allows you to move part or all of the balance of another credit card or store card to your Virgin Money Credit Card. If you have existing high interest credit or store cards, transferring any outstanding balances to your Virgin Money Credit Card could save you money (fees apply). You will not be able to transfer a balance from another Virgin Money, Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank or B credit card and you cannot use your card to repay a loan, overdraft or mortgage issued by Clydesdale Bank PLC.
Transferring other debts to this card and paying only the minimum amount due each month may lower your overall monthly debt repayments, but it may take longer and cost you more to repay what you owe. Other lenders may charge a fee for settling a loan early.
A money transfer is a feature of the Virgin Money Credit Card. It allows you to transfer funds straight into your bank or building society account.
Whether you want to transfer funds to pay off an overdraft with a higher interest rate, or free up some money for home improvements, you can transfer money from your Virgin Money Credit Card directly into your own bank or building society account.
A transaction fee may apply and you will need to request your money transfer within the first 60 days of opening your account to receive the introductory promotional offer.
Transferring funds from this card and paying only the minimum payment amount due each month may lower your overall monthly debt repayments, but it may take you longer and cost you more to repay what you owe. Other lenders may charge a fee for settling a loan early.
It's easy to apply, and we’ll let you know if your transfer request has been approved as soon as possible.
If you apply as part of your credit card application and we approve, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider three to four business days after you ask for the transfer.
You can also apply to make a transfer once your account is up and running. If you ask for the transfer:
- Before 4pm, Sunday to Thursday, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider the next business day.
- After 4pm, Sunday to Wednesday, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider in two business days.
- Between 4pm Thursday and 12am Sunday, we’ll get the money to your existing credit card provider the following Monday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Remember, you’ll need to continue making payments on your existing card until your transfer’s all sorted.