Is this account right for you?
Great if you
- Plan to save regularly.
- Like managing your money online.
- Want to bring all of your ISAs together.
- This ISA is open to customers with a current account from Virgin Money, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank (apart from our Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock).
- You can pay in up to £20,000 in the current tax year, and there's no limit on ISA transfers.
- You can only subscribe to one Cash ISA in any tax year. If you want to transfer your current year's subscriptions, then the full amount must be transferred.
Deadlines for ISA deposits 2023/2024
If you’re investing in a new ISA, or topping up an existing one, please note that your deposit must be made by a certain time to count towards this year’s ISA allowance.
- - Postal cheque deposits must be with us by Friday 5 April.
- - Cash/cheque deposits need to be made in a Virgin Money store by close of business on Friday 5 April.
- - Virgin Money Mobile and Internet Banking deposits must be made by 10pm Friday 5 April.
- - Faster Payments transfer from another bank must be made before midnight Friday 5 April.
If your deposit is not made by the timings above, it will not count towards this year’s ISA allowance, instead it will count towards the new 2024/2025 tax year instead.
Deposits for the new 2024/2025 tax year will be accepted from Saturday 6 April 2024
Please read the following Summary box before applying for this account
Account name: Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive Issue 2
Interest is calculated on a daily basis and paid into the account on the last working day in December each year. Or, when you close your account if that's earlier.
Yes. We can change interest rates at any time. If we reduce your interest rate, we'll tell you at least 2 months before it happens. We can increase your interest rate without giving you notice. You can find more details about this in your Terms. Remember, you can always check the interest rate for your account anytime, (even when the product is no longer on sale) by visiting the existing customer section of our website.
|Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive Issue 2
This is an example for info only. We've not considered your individual circumstances. We've assumed that you haven't taken any money out or paid any more in, and interest has been added to your account. This projection uses the AER.
- You can only open this account online or in one of our Stores.
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 or over. Check our Terms for guidance if you're a UK Government employee working overseas.
- You also need to have a current account with Virgin Money which was opened on or after 4 December 2019. Or, you originally opened your current account with Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank or B such as a Signature Current Account.
- There is no minimum amount required to open and maintain this account.
- Each tax year you can save up to your annual ISA allowance, which is £20,000 in the 2023/2024 tax year. This may change in future tax years. We'll put this info on our website and in our Stores, so you know. But you could also check the HMRC website. Remember, the annual ISA allowance amount can be spread across other ISA types you may have. If you are paying into another type of ISA in the same tax year, payments to that ISA will also be included in this annual ISA allowance.
- If you pay any money into the account that takes the balance over the maximum annual ISA allowance limit, we'll need to return to you the amount you've paid in over the maximum allowance.
Paying into your account can be made by:
- Cash (at most of our stores)
- Electronic transfer
- You can also transfer an existing ISA to us from another provider
- Transfer money from an existing account with us (subject to the terms and conditions of that account).
You can manage your account by:
- Writing to us
- Talking to us in Store
- Calling us (as long as you're registered for telephone banking)
- Using internet and mobile banking (as long as you're registered for these services).
- You can take money out of your account whenever you want. And there is no need to give us notice.
- As this is a flexible ISA, you can take money out from your account and put it back in (most of the time) without it counting towards your annual ISA allowance. But remember, you'll need to replace any money you've taken out in the same tax year or you won't be able to replace it.
- You can withdraw money using your internet or mobile banking, by calling us, writing to us or talking to us in Store.
- Remember that any money you take out of your ISA will no longer benefit from the tax treatment an ISA receives, unless you transfer it directly into another ISA.
- This Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive is exclusive to our eligible current account customers. If you close your eligible current account we'll transfer this account to another Easy Access Cash ISA. We'll write to tell you and if you're not happy you're free to close your account.
- If you close your Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive and don't transfer the money to another ISA, that money will no longer benefit from the tax treatment an ISA receives.
- This is a limited issue account. We can withdraw it at any time without notice.
- Please remember the tax treatment of ISAs depends on your individual circumstances and may change in the future.
- You can only save into one Cash ISA in any tax year. But you can also transfer all or part of previous tax year's Cash ISA into this account. Check the Terms for more info.
- You can cancel your account within 14 days of opening. Your money will be returned in full with interest.
Save with confidence
We're covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Before you apply
Before applying please make sure that you have read the following. Retain copies for future reference.
Bank the best savings
We don't like to brag but it's good for you to know that other people have given our savings accounts a thumbs up too. You don't just have to take our word for it.
Best Cash ISA Provider (Your Money 2023)
Before you applyClose Modal
Have you got the key?
This Cash ISA is only open to customers with a current account from Virgin Money, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank (apart from our Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock).
Got one of those, that’s great!Start your Cash ISA application
Don't have one of our current accounts?
Take a look at our range today. it's easy to sign up and you'll get access to our Cash ISA Exclusives and more.View our current account