- Top up or take out your money whenever you like
- Bring all your ISAs together in one place with our simple ISA transfer service
- Manage your ISA online and over the phone
- Feel the love with our Virgin perks and more
Variable rate of 3.00%
AER1 / Tax-free3 P.A.View Summary box
Is this account right for you?
Great if you
- Plan to save regularly.
- Like managing your money online.
- Want to bring all of your ISAs together.
- This ISA is open to customers with a current account from Virgin Money, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank (apart from our Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock).
- You can pay in up to £20,000 in the current tax year, and there's no limit on ISA transfers.
- You can only subscribe to one Cash ISA in any tax year. If you want to transfer your current year's subscriptions, then the full amount must be transferred.
This Cash ISA is open to our eligible current account customers
Don’t have one? It's easy to sign up or switch – you'll get access to our Cash ISA Exclusives and more.View our current accounts
Not sure which account is right for you? Compare our current accounts now.
Deadlines for ISA deposits 2022/23
If you’re investing in a new ISA, or topping up an existing one, please note that your money must reach us by a certain time to count towards this year’s ISA allowance. Postal cheque deposits must be with us by Wednesday 5 April and cash/cheque deposits need to be made in Store by close of business on Wednesday 5 April. Please note, electronic payments can take up to 48hrs to process and so electronic payments must be made and credited to your account by no later than 10:00pm on Wednesday 5 April .
If your money does not reach us by these dates, it will not count towards this year’s ISA allowance, instead it will count towards the new 2023/24 tax year.
Deposits for the new 2023/24 tax year will be accepted from Thursday 6 April 2023.
Please read the following Summary box before applying for this account
Account name: Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive Issue 2
Interest is calculated on a daily basis and paid into the account on the last working day in December each year. Or, when you close your account if that's earlier.
Yes. We can change interest rates at any time. If we reduce your interest rate, we'll tell you at least 2 months before it happens. We can increase your interest rate without giving you notice. You can find more details about this in your Terms. Remember, you can always check the interest rate for your account anytime, (even when the product is no longer on sale) by visiting the existing customer section of our website.
|Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive Issue 2||£1,030.00|
This is an example for info only. We've not considered your individual circumstances. We've assumed that you haven't taken any money out or paid any more in, and interest has been added to your account. This projection uses the AER.
- You can only open this account online or in one of our Stores.
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 or over. Check our Terms for guidance if you're a UK Government employee working overseas.
- You also need to have a current account with Virgin Money which was opened on or after 4 December 2019. Or, you originally opened your current account with Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank or B such as a Signature Current Account.
- There is no minimum amount required to open and maintain this account.
- Each tax year you can save up to your annual ISA allowance, which is £20,000 in the 2022/2023 tax year. This may change in future tax years. We'll put this info on our website and in our Stores, so you know. But you could also check the HMRC website. Remember, the annual ISA allowance amount can be spread across other ISA types you may have. If you are paying into another type of ISA in the same tax year, payments to that ISA will also be included in this annual ISA allowance.
- If you pay any money into the account that takes the balance over the maximum annual ISA allowance limit, we'll need to return to you the amount you've paid in over the maximum allowance.
Paying into your account can be made by:
- Cash (at most of our stores)
- Electronic transfer
- You can also transfer an existing ISA to us from another provider
- Transfer money from an existing account with us (subject to the terms and conditions of that account).
You can manage your account by:
- Writing to us
- Talking to us in Store
- Calling us (as long as you're registered for telephone banking)
- Using internet and mobile banking (as long as you're registered for these services).
- You can take money out of your account whenever you want. And there is no need to give us notice.
- As this is a flexible ISA, you can take money out from your account and put it back in (most of the time) without it counting towards your annual ISA allowance. But remember, you'll need to replace any money you've taken out in the same tax year or you won't be able to replace it.
- You can withdraw money using your internet or mobile banking, by calling us, writing to us or talking to us in Store.
- Remember that any money you take out of your ISA will no longer benefit from the tax treatment an ISA receives.
- This Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive is exclusive to our eligible current account customers. If you close your eligible current account we'll transfer this account to another Easy Access Cash ISA. We'll write to tell you and if you're not happy you're free to close your account.
- If you close your Easy Access Cash ISA Exclusive and don't transfer the money to another ISA, that money will no longer benefit from the tax treatment an ISA receives.
- This is a limited issue account. We can withdraw it at any time without notice.
- Please remember the tax treatment of ISAs depends on your individual circumstances and may change in the future.
- You can only save into one Cash ISA in any tax year. But you can also transfer all or part of previous tax year's Cash ISA into this account. Check the Terms for more info.
- You can cancel your account within 14 days of opening. Your money will be returned in full with interest.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Before you apply
Before applying please make sure that you have read the following. Retain copies for future reference.
- Cash ISA Exclusives Terms Link opens in a new window
- Key Product Information Link opens in a new window
- Cash ISA Exclusives Key Facts Link opens in a new window
- Tariff Link opens in a new window
- FSCS Guide Link opens in a new window
- Privacy Notice Link opens in a new window
- Digital Banking Terms Link opens in a new window
Choose how you want to apply:
It's super simple to apply online, it only takes 10 minutes.Sign in and apply now
Apply in Store
Request an appointment and chat with us face to face at your local Store.Find a Store
Live a life more Virgin
Exclusive perks our customers love
We don't like to brag but it's good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don't just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we've won.
High Street Savings Provider of the Year (Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2018 & 2019)
Best Cash ISA Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018 & 2019)
Best Multi-Channel Savings Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2019)
We're here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts - or if it's out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View frequently asked questions
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts
Before you applyClose Modal
Have you got the key?
This Cash ISA is only open to customers with a current account from Virgin Money, Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank (apart from our Essential Current Account or any account opened with Northern Rock).
Got one of those, that’s great!Start your Cash ISA application
Don't have one of our current accounts?
Take a look at our range today. it's easy to sign up and you'll get access to our Cash ISA Exclusives and more.View our current account
Compare all our current accountsCompare all our current accounts