- Stick to three withdrawals from January to December for a better rate
- Get all your ISAs together in one place with our simple ISA Transfer service
- Awarded Best Cash ISA Provider 2018, 2019 and 2020 by Moneyfacts
- Feel the love with our Virgin perks and more
Variable rate of 2.25%
for the first three withdrawals,
then a variable rate of 1.00%
AER1 / Tax-free3 P.A.View Summary box
Is this account right for you?
Great if you
- Want to top up your savings whenever you like
- Like managing your money online
- Want to bring all of your ISAs together
- If you take out money more than three times in a calendar year, your interest rate will reduce
- The interest rate could change
- You can pay in up to £20,000 in the current tax year, and there is no limit on ISA transfers
Please read the following Summary box before applying for this account
Account name: Defined Access Cash E-ISA Issue 19
|19||Up to 3 withdrawals||2.25||2.25||2.23||2.25|
|4 or more withdrawals||1.00||1.00||1.00||1.00|
If four or more withdrawals are made per calendar year, interest will be paid as outlined above until the second last working day of the year when the number of withdrawals will reset to zero and the higher interest rate will resume.
Annual interest is paid on 11 March and will be available the next working day. Monthly interest is paid on the last day of the month, and will be available the next working day.
Rates are variable. This means we may increase or decrease interest rates at any time. When we decrease interest rates we will give you at least 14 days' notice before the rate reduces. Please refer to section 10 within the Savings terms and conditions.
|Defined Access Cash E-ISA Issue 19||Up to 3 withdrawals||£1,022.50|
|4 or more withdrawals||£1,010.00|
These projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account your individual circumstances. They are based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balances are based on the annual interest rate.
- This account can be opened online by UK residents aged 16 or over.
- Only one account can be opened per customer per issue.
- Minimum to open £1.
- For your initial deposit you are able to pay money in with your debit card. Any money paid in will receive interest immediately but cannot be withdrawn for six working days.
- Minimum additional deposit £1.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Each tax year you can pay in up to your annual tax-free allowance (subject to the terms and conditions of your account), which is £20,000 in the 2023 - 2024 tax year. This annual allowance may change in future tax years. You will find this information on our website, in our Stores and via our Contact Centre.
- In addition to this you can also transfer previous tax years' Cash ISA and Stocks and Shares ISA subscriptions.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
- If a deposit results in your account going over the maximum deposit limit or the annual tax-free allowance we will return the excess money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- Transferring an existing Cash ISA or a Stocks and Shares ISA from another provider.
- Minimum withdrawal amount is £1 (or less if closing).
- Four or more withdrawals per calendar year will result in a reduction to the interest rate payable.
- Any transfer out will be classed as a withdrawal.
- You can have access to your money whenever you need it. Simply log into your account and arrange to take money in the following ways:
- Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- By electronic transfer: payments up to £100,000 will be sent by Faster Payments. Payments that are more than £100,000 will be sent by CHAPS free of charge.
- This account is a non-payment account.
- Each month that there is a transaction on your account (other than an interest payment), we may email you at least once to let you know a statement is available to view online. You can view your transactions online at any time. Your online transactions will help you to keep track of the number of withdrawals you have made. If you make four or more withdrawals per calendar year you will receive a notification that your interest rate has changed, and your new interest rate will be displayed online.
- Please also remember the tax advantages depend on your individual circumstances and the tax treatment of ISAs may change in the future.
- In addition to paying in up to £20,000 in the 2023 - 2024 tax year, you can also transfer previous tax years' Cash ISA and Stocks and Shares ISA subscriptions. You can only subscribe to one Cash ISA in each tax year.
- By opening a Cash ISA you limit the amount of tax-free savings you can make in a Stocks and Shares ISA, an Innovative Finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA.
We hope we can resolve any issues you may have in the first instance, but if you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write the details of your complaint to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or email email@example.com
If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which provides independent adjudication of complaints. A copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leaflet PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 164KB) is available on request.
If you are not happy with your choice of account within 14 days of depositing your ISA subscription, we will help you close your account and you will not lose your right to invest in another Cash ISA, Stocks and Shares ISA, Innovative Finance ISA or Lifetime ISA for that tax year. If you wish to take advantage of this 14-day rule, you must send your cancellation in writing to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, NE3 4PL, when you close your account we will ensure that our reports to HM Revenue & Customs reflect the correct position. If you do cancel your account, the full amount of your investment, together with any interest earned will be returned to you.
It is not possible for a Power of Attorney account to be operated online. To apply as a Power of Attorney please download an application formPDF opens in a new window , complete and return to the address provided on the form. Your account will then be opened and operated by post via our Gosforth Office.
Save with confidence
We're covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Before you apply
Before applying please make sure that you have read the following. Retain copies for future reference.
It’s super simple to apply online, it only takes 10 minutes.
New customersApply online
Existing customersSign in and apply
Have we met before?
If we have, great. Maybe you have a savings account with Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank - or you already have a Virgin Money savings account and you're here for another. Well, we're all one bank now, which means you can simply log on with your Online Banking details and get applying.
You will need to apply as a new customer
You will need to sign in and apply as an existing customer
Sign in and apply
You will need to apply as a new customer
Have savings got you stumped?
Learn about our range of savings accounts and how they may suit your individual needs.Learn about savings
Got an ISA question? Ask an ISA expert online now.Start live chat
Live a life more Virgin
Exclusive perks our customers love
Bank the best savings
We don't like to brag but it's good for you to know that other people have given our savings accounts a thumbs up too. You don't just have to take our word for it.
Best Cash ISA Provider (Your Money 2023)
We're here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts - or if it's out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View frequently asked questions