Questions and answers
View our most frequently asked questions about business savings accounts.
Here are some things you might find useful
- How do I apply for an account?
Just go to virginmoney.com/business and apply online.
- How do you check my identity and business details?
Using the information you give in your online application, we'll verify your identity electronically and check your business details against our eligibility criteria.
We may get in touch to ask for additional documents if we need them.
- What happens when I apply?
You'll get an email to let you know we've received your application. If we need more information, we'll get in touch. We'll open your account as soon as we can.
Once your account is open and ready for your first deposit, we'll write to confirm your new account number and how to add money to your account.
- What documentation will I need and how do I send this to you?
All sole traders need to give us one of these documents as proof of address:
- Utility bill (dated within the last six months).
- Most recent council tax bill (dated within last 12 months).
- Original copy of a UK bank or building society statement (dated within the last three months).
- Current lease from a landlord for rental of business premises.
All partners need to provide an original or certified copy of the latest partnership agreement.Examples of who can certify your documents:
- Bank/building society staff (make sure they include a bank/branch stamp).
- Post Office employees (through the Post Office scheme).
- FCA/PRA authorised intermediaries e.g. independent financial advisers.
- Justices of the Peace; lawyers, barristers, solicitors or notaries public; legal secretaries.
- Local councillors or MPs; members of the judiciary.
- Senior civil servants; senior police officers (quoting collar number and station).
When they certify the documents, please make sure they include:
- Confirmation statement that the certifier has seen the original document.
- Certifier's name and signature.
- Date of certification.
- Certifier's business address or a company stamp.
- Certifier's occupation, address and phone number.
We may get in touch to ask for additional documents at any time if we need them.
Please post all documents to: Business Savings, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL
- Why do account signatories need an online Customer ID?
This is so they can view and manage the account securely online. This includes checking the balance and interest rate, and making withdrawals.
If you already have an online Customer ID for a personal savings account with Virgin Money, you'll need a new ID for your new business account.
Depending on your business type, you can nominate a second account signatory when you apply, and they'll also need a separate Customer ID to be able to view and manage the account online.
- How do I register for an online Customer ID?
Just go to virginmoney.com/businesslogin and fill in your business details.
Get in touch
0345 606 7687
We're here from 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 2pm Saturday, 10am - 1pm Sunday
Calls to 03 numbers are the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discounts schemes in the same way.
Calls may be monitored and recorded.
Check interest rates on withdrawn products and download useful information about your account.