Government backed funding to support your business
Government Loan Schemes have been made available to businesses of all sizes including businesses impacted by and recovering from the Coronavirus outbreak.
If you’re looking to take out a new loan, check out the Government Loan Schemes currently on offer or take a look at our Business Loans page to find out more about our existing products.
Some of these schemes are now closed to new applications, find out more below. For up to date information on current support available visit the Government website or the British Business Bank website.
Recovery Loan Scheme
- Term loans from £25,001 up to £2 million per business group*
- Loans are available for up to six years
- Borrowers with an existing government backed facility can apply*
*Subject to status and eligibility.about the Recovery Loan SchemeFind out more
Pay As You Grow (PAYG)
- Available to Bounce Back Loan customers throughout the term of your loan
- Designed to give you more time and flexibility to pay back your loan
- Ability to combine a payment holiday with the option to extend the term of your loan
PAYG options are available to all Bounce Back Loan customers (unless we have already demanded repayment) and can be used consecutively or at different stages during the term of the loan.Find out more
Previous government loan schemes
These schemes are closed to new applications. If you've taken advantage of one of these schemes and need to check the details, you can find the information here
For up to date information please click through to the Government website or the British Business Bank website.Find out more
Further help and guidance
We're Here to Help
If you're worried about your finances, please contact us.
You can also contact a list of organisations for free advice.
The British Business Bank has a range of guidance and resources available to all businesses, including content on managing your cashflow and a list of independent advice services.
We work with the British
Managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial backing of, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. British Business Bank pic is a development bank wholly owned by HM Government. It is not authorised or regulated by the PRA or the FCA. Visit the British Business Bank website Link opens in a new window.
Stay safe and secure
Criminals use a wide range of methods to commit fraud and scams. So to keep yourself safe follow these five rules:
- Never disclose security detail, such as your PIN, full banking password or one time pass code to anyone even bank staff.
- Don't assume an email, text or phone call is authentic.
- Don't be rushed - a genuine organisation won't mind waiting.
- Listen to your instincts - you know if something doesn't feel right.
- Stay in control - don't panic and make a decision you'll regret.
Criminals are experts at impersonating people, organisations and the police. Stop and think. It could protect you and your money.
- Stop: Taking a moment to stop and think before parting with your money or information could keep you safe.
- Challenge: Could it be fake? It's ok to reject, refuse or ignore any requests. Only criminals will try and rush or panic you.
- Protect: Contact your bank immediately if you think you've fallen for a scam and report it to the Action Fraud.
If you'd like to know more, visit our Staying Safe Online pages.