- A great longer-term savings option - ideal for lump sums.
- You can save up to £25 million – helping to maximise the return on your charity's money.
- Your rate is secure so you'll know exactly what return you will get.
- This account fits with our full service banking solutions.
Is this account right for you?
- There is a minimum deposit of £5,000.
- You can't withdraw or add to this account during the fixed rate term.
- You can't close this account early.
Please read this information before applying for this account
Account name: 12 Month Charity Term Deposit
|% Gross2||% AER1|
Interest will be paid at maturity.
Rates are fixed until the maturity date. This means we cannot change the rate until after the fixed rate period.
|Account name||Fixed term||Projected balance|
|12 Month Charity Term Deposit||12 months||£1,003.00|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your particular circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account.
Opening your account:
- You can apply for a Charity Term Deposit Account if:
- You are either a Registered or exempt Charity;
- Your charity is based and operates in the UK (excluding Channel Islands, Isle of Man & Northern Ireland);
- All trustees and committee members are over 18 years old;
- You can apply for an account by visiting virginmoney.com/business and following the instructions.
- Minimum deposit to open is £5,000.
- Minimum operating balance £5,000.
- Funds can only be deposited when opening the account.
- Maximum deposit limit £25,000,000.
- Early closure or withdrawals are not permitted until after the fixed rate period as detailed.
- Ahead of the fixed rate period coming to an end, we will contact you to provide you with options available to you at that time, in order for you to make an informed choice.
- This account is a non-payment account.
- We pay interest without deducting income tax, unless HMRC/the law requires otherwise.
- Please note, the tax treatment depends on the particular circumstances of each business and may change in the future.
Save with confidence
Your deposits with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per charity.View the FSCS guarantee
Got a question?
See the answers to the questions we get asked the mostFrequently asked questions Link opens in a new window
Not quite what you're looking for?
If you’re looking for a charity savings account, but this account doesn’t seem the right fit for you, we have a range of accounts that might suit you better.View all charity savings accounts
 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added to the capital balance each year.
 Gross P.A. is the rate of interest paid without the deduction of tax.
We work with Virgin StartUp to provide support, mentoring and training to our customers. They’re all about helping the founders of businesses get up and running and ultimately thriving.
There's meetup events for people thinking of starting up. Masterclasses and Scale Up events are paid for sessions that help owners navigate the trickier subjects like marketing, brand building raising finance and legal or HR challenges. The great news, Virgin Money customers receive exclusive access and discounts to these.Discover more
A new generation of Stores built for business
Get ready for a whole new business banking experience. Pick a desk, any desk, and get stuff done in our new workspaces whenever you want a change of scenery.
Book rooms to meet and greet your clients. The coffee’s on us too.Discover our Stores