- Top up or take out your money whenever you like.
- Get all your ISAs together in one place with our simple ISA Transfer Service.
- Awarded Best Cash ISA Provider 2018 by Moneyfacts.
- Feel the love with our customer Lounges, Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you...
- Plan to save regularly.
- Want to bring all your ISAs together.
- Like managing your money face-to-face in Store, or by post from your own home.
- The interest rate could change.
- You can pay in up to £20,000 in the current tax year, and there is no limit on ISA transfers.
- There's no option to manage your money online.
Please read the following Summary Box before applying for this account
Annual interest is paid on 30 November, and will be available the next working day. Monthly interest is paid on the last day of the month, and will be available the next working day.
Rates are variable. This means we may increase or decrease interest rates at any time. When we decrease interest rates we will give you at least two months' notice before the rate reduces. Please refer to section 10 within the Savings terms and conditions.
|Easy Access Cash ISA Issue 25||£1,011.60|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the annual interest rate.
- This account can be opened in Store, over the phone and by post by UK residents aged 16 or over.
- Only one account can be opened per customer per issue.
- Minimum to open £1.
- Minimum additional deposit £1.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Each tax year you can pay in up to your annual tax-free allowance (subject to the terms and conditions of your account), which is £20,000 in the 2019 - 2020 tax year. This annual allowance may change in future tax years. You will find this information on our website, in our Stores and via our Contact Centre.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
- If a deposit results in your account going over the maximum deposit limit or the annual tax-free allowance we will return the excess money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Arranging an electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- Transferring an existing Cash ISA or a Stocks and Shares ISA from another provider.
- Minimum withdrawal amount is £1 (or less if closing).
- To request a withdrawal simply send your written instructions to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or you can take money out in the following ways:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Cheque - simply complete a Transaction Slip and a cheque will be sent promptly to your correspondence address.
- Electronic transfer.
- Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- This account is a payment account.
- For accounts opened over the phone or by post we will send you a Welcome Pack in the post with details of your account number and opening balance. Each month there is a transaction on your account (other than an interest payment), we will send you a paper statement at least once. We will also send a statement annually in December and on closure of the account.
- Virgin Money Store accounts will receive a passbook. You must remember to present your passbook and suitable personal identification each time you make a withdrawal in a Store. Your passbook will be updated to show details of your transactions and the interest added to your account. We will also send you a letter each month there are any payments on your account (other than an interest payment) if regulations and guidance from our regulator require us to do so and unless otherwise agreed with you.
- Please also remember the tax advantages depend on your individual circumstances and the tax treatment of ISAs may change in the future.
- In addition to paying in up to £20,000 in the 2019 - 2020 tax year, you can also transfer previous tax years' Cash ISA and Stocks and Shares ISA subscriptions. You can only subscribe to one Cash ISA in each tax year.
- By opening a Cash ISA you limit the amount of tax-free savings you can make in a Stocks and Shares ISA, an Innovative Finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA.
- As this is a flexible ISA, from 6 April 2016 you can now withdraw money from your account and put it back in without it counting towards your annual ISA allowance. This money must be paid into the account in the same tax year as the withdrawal or you will lose the ability to replace it.
We hope we can resolve any issues you may have in the first instance, but if you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write the details of your complaint to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money plc, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which provides independent adjudication of complaints. A copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leaflet PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 164KB) is available on request.
If you are not happy with your choice of account within 14 days of depositing your ISA subscription, we will help you close your account and you will not lose your right to invest in another Cash ISA, Stocks and Shares ISA, Innovative Finance ISA or Lifetime ISA for that tax year. If you wish to take advantage of this 14-day rule, you must send your cancellation in writing to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, NE3 4PL, when you close your account we will ensure that our reports to HM Revenue & Customs reflect the correct position. If you do cancel your account, the full amount of your investment, together with any interest earned will be returned to you.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Clydesdale and Virgin Money are becoming one bank
In October 2018, Virgin Money plc (Virgin Money) joined forces with Clydesdale Bank PLC (Clydesdale). So we can bring the two businesses together as one bank, we're transferring the business of Virgin Money to Clydesdale.
Before you apply, we need to make you aware of some important information about the transfer. This includes how your Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protection could be affected.
Choose the type of account you would like to apply for
Apply in Store
Request an appointment and chat with us face to face at your local Store.Find a Store
Apply by postDownload application form
Send your completed application form to:
Virgin Money plc, E-Savings, NEA 3780, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4ZE
Apply over the phone
Call our UK based call centre
0345 850 2336
We're here from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm Saturdays and 10am to 3pm Sundays.
Call to 03 numbers are the same as calls to 01 and 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our Lounges
We don’t like to brag but it’s good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we’ve won:
High Street Provider of the Year (Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2018)
Best Overall Cash ISA Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2018)
Best Bank Savings Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018)
We’re here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts – or if it’s out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View the top savings queries
Virgin Group discounts
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts