The M Account
The M Account is our free to use and easy to manage current account. If you’re 16 or over and looking for a bank account here in the UK, book a Virgin Money store appointment and speak to our friendly team.
We know that things are incredibly tough for you right now, so we’ll be as flexible as we can about the documents that you - or your sponsor - need to show us.
To help, we’ve translated key information about the account and your data into Ukrainian and Russian. Once your account is open, all communications will be in English.
Open an account in three steps
Collect your identification and visa documents. The quickest way to open an account is with your Biometric Residence Permit.
Bring proof of your UK address. You’ll need to show us this.More information (in Ukrainian and Russian)
Book an appointment or visit your nearest Virgin Money store to open an account.
Current account features
- No charge to receive UK benefits, salary, or other income
- Pay for essentials with a debit card
- Access money at any cash machine, a Virgin Money store, or your local Post Office
Linked saver account features
- 3.55% interest paid on your balance every quarter1
- Set up Savings Pots for the things that matter
- Move money easily between your Virgin Money accounts
1 AER (3.50% gross2 per annum variable) on savings balances up to £25,000, and 2.52% AER1 (2.50% gross2 per annum variable) on any balances above £25,000. Interest paid quarterly.
We’ve translated all our account documents to help you get started:
National Databank – free sims and mobile data
Our friends at Virgin Media O2 are proud to support Ukrainians. They've partnered with the National Databank to give away free sims and mobile data.Visit the National Databank website Link opens in a new window
- Google Translate
- Google's free service that translates web pages from English to over 100 other languages.
Visit the Google Translate website Link opens in a new window
- The UK stands with Ukraine
- Information and support pages from the UK government.
Visit the official Ukrainian campaign page Link opens in a new window
Protecting your money
Your deposits with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View FSCS guarantee