The 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon is set to be bigger and brighter than ever before, with 50,000 participants gearing up to pound the streets of central London this October – the largest number of runners in the event’s history.
Were you one of the many thousands who missed out on a place to run this year? Well, we’ve got good news for you with our latest red-hot reward…
We’re giving away six of our Ultimate Virgin Money London Marathon Bundles, and they are pretty incredible if we do say so ourselves – a real money-can’t-buy prize.
Each bundle includes:
- A pair of places to run in this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon for you and your running buddy, taking place on 3rd October 2021
- Two hotel rooms in central London for two nights for you and your running buddy (the night before the Virgin Money London Marathon to help you get an early night and on the night of the big day)
- Travel to and from London for you and your running buddy
- Official New Balance Virgin Money London Marathon kit for you both to make sure you’re feeling and looking amazing on race day
- Two vouchers for a Soothing Spa Day with Deep Tissue Back Massage at Bannatyne Health Clubs for you and your running buddy to help ease your muscles after taking on 26.2 miles
To be in with a chance of winning one of the six Ultimate Virgin Money London Marathon Bundles up for grabs, visit our competition posts on our Facebook Link opens in a new window, Twitter Link opens in a new window and Instagram Link opens in a new window and leave a comment on the competition posts to let us know why you and your running buddy would love to run the Virgin Money London Marathon together this year.
You can find full T&Cs here.
In the meantime, visit Virgin Money Giving Link opens in a new window and start thinking about the charity you’d love to fundraise for – you’ll find loads of fundraising and training tips there too.
We’ll see you at the start line.
The important stuff
Win one of our Ultimate Virgin Money London Marathon Bundles – Social Media Prize Draw
1. Who can enter?
- You need to be 18 and over and a resident in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland).
- Sorry, Clydesdale Bank PLC employees and contractors can’t enter.
- Anyone who has been involved in running this Prize Draw can’t enter.
2. When can you enter?
- You can enter anytime between 9am on 20th May 2021 and 5pm on 10th June 2021 (“the entry period”).
3. How do you enter?
- You can enter by commenting on one of the Prize Draw social media posts during the entry period, which will be shared on the Virgin Money UK Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. You need to leave a comment on the social media post to let us know why you and your running buddy would like to run the Virgin Money London Marathon this year.
- You can’t enter on behalf of someone else.
- Only one entry is allowed per social media account (and only one per person). If there are any duplicate entries into the Prize Draw, then only the first submitted entry will be accepted.
- The Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. Internet access will be needed to enter.
- No responsibility will be taken by us for entries or claims which, for technical or other reasons, are not entered, not entered correctly, or are lost.
How will the winner be chosen?
- On a random basis by a computer process.
5. What is the Prize?
- There will be 3 winners of this Prize Draw. Each will win 1 of 3 Ultimate Virgin Money London Marathon Bundles we have to give away.
- Each Ultimate Virgin Money London Marathon Bundle consists of the following:
- A pair of places to run in this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon – one for you and one for your running buddy, taking place on 3rd October 2021.
- A single occupancy hotel room each, for you and your running buddy, at the Hilton Tower Bridge hotel in London for two nights (the night before the Virgin Money London Marathon, 2nd October, and the night of the Virgin Money London Marathon, 3rd October 2021) with breakfast included on both mornings for you and your running buddy.
- Travel to and from London for you and your running buddy, up to the value of £300. Travel will be booked on your behalf by Virgin Money. Travel to London on the 2nd October 2021 and travel back from London on the 4th October 2021.
- An official New Balance Virgin Money London Marathon kit for you and your running buddy – we have a top Link opens in a new window and shorts Link opens in a new window for women and a top Link opens in a new window and shorts Link opens in a new window for men. Winners will be able to request a specific size and colour for their kit. If any of the items become unavailable, we will offer something of an equivalent value to the prize winners.
- Two vouchers for a Soothing Spa Day with Deep Tissue Back Massage at Bannatyne Health Clubs Link opens in a new window, worth £40 each, for you and your running buddy, to use via Virgin Experience. These vouchers will be purchased on your behalf and emailed to you within 14 days of winning the Prize Draw. Vouchers will be subject to their own terms and conditions of use.
- We’d encourage the winners and their running buddies to fundraise using Virgin Money Giving www.virginmoneygiving.com Link opens in a new window and to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support Link opens in a new window, Virgin Money’s Charity of the Year. You don’t have to but we think it’s a great cause.
- The places are non-transferable and cannot be deferred or sold.
- Food and drinks aren’t included for any part of the prize, unless stated otherwise.
- If you win, you can't change any part of your Prize for anything else, including for cash. Also, you can’t give your Prize to anyone else (…why would you want to?!).
6. How do you know if you have won?
- We’ll send a private message to each of the 3 winners, through the social media platform that they entered the Prize Draw on, to tell them they’ve won a prize. We’ll tell each winner by 17th June 2021.
- Each winner will have 7 days to respond and claim their prize, failing which another winner will be selected by a random computer generated draw, from all remaining valid entries.
- Each winner and their running buddy will need to confirm their name, email address and phone number with Virgin Money to claim their prize.
- Winners and their running buddies will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org Link opens in a new window and will need to click on the link in the email to complete their own personal details by 5pm on Friday, 6th August, 2021. Once the form is completed, the registration and place is confirmed.
- Winners must agree to the General Conditions of Entry: https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/enter/how-to-enter/general-conditions-of-entry Link opens in a new window. It will be the responsibility of each entrant to ensure both they and their running buddy will be able to meet these to take part.
7. What else do you need to know?
- We’ll use your personal information to help us run this Prize Draw. You can find out more about how we use your personal information below.
- The winners’ surnames and the county where they live, will be made available upon request, by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Win one of our Ultimate Virgin Money London Marathon Bundles – Social Media competition, London Marathon Competition, Social Media Team, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL. The winners agree that we share these details. If the winners have concerns about this, they can get in touch with us to discuss this.
- This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, twitter or Instagram and none of these social media platforms are responsible to entrants in relation to any aspect of the Prize Draw. By entering the Prize Draw, entrants are providing information to us, as promoter, and our third party agents and suppliers contracted for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw.
- Only English law applies to this Prize Draw.
- If something goes wrong, we’ll try to fix it. If we can’t because it’s something we can’t reasonably control, or it’s not our fault, then we may have to make changes to this Prize Draw. This includes suspending or ending it early. We can make such changes without giving you notice. However, we’ll try our best to avoid making changes. And we’ll try to minimise any disappointment to you when we make changes.
- On the odd occasion, disputes happen in relation to prize draws. We really hope to avoid them! If any problems come up, we will try to resolve them quickly but, if we think we need to, we will disqualify anyone we think may be breaking or abusing these terms and conditions. We’ll make the final decision in relation to any issues relating to the running of this Prize Draw.
- As far as the law will allow, we, our agents or suppliers will not be responsible or liable to anyone or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the Prize Draw or taking up any of the prizes. Statutory rights are not affected.
8. Who are we?
- We like to call ourselves Virgin Money but our official name is Clydesdale Bank PLC. We are the promoters of this prize draw.
- We’re registered in Scotland at 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL.
- Our company number is SC001111.
This policy sets out how Clydesdale Bank PLC (trading as Virgin Money) holds and uses your personal information in relation to any competitions (including prize draws and giveaways) that you enter with us.
What information we’ll hold about you
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you which can be used to identify an individual:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, personal email addresses and publicly available user information; and
- Photographs, social media user names and other personally identifiable information where provided by you to us through participation in any individual prize draw.
How is your personal information collected?
For the purposes of administering any prize draw entered, we will only collect personal information about you from the information shared through your entry to that specific prize draw. This information will be held by us and may also be shared with our partners, agents, suppliers and promoters, where identified within the terms and conditions of any individual prize draw.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need the information above to allow us to process your prize draw entry. Personal data obtained through entry to a prize draw will not be used for any marketing purposes. Personal information provided with any prize draw entry may be held and used by us or our agents or suppliers to administer that prize draw and, in case of any winner, for the purposes of publicity and promotion, as set out within the terms and conditions of any individual prize draw. We reserve the right to publish the name, photograph, and/or location of any winner. By entering a prize draw, entrants also agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by us, where they are drawn as a winner.
We may share your personal information with our partners, agents, suppliers and promoters, where identified within the terms and conditions of any individual prize draw. We will not transfer any of your personal information outside of the EEA.
How long we hold information
We’ll retain information for no longer than six months from the prize draw closing date to administer the prize draw. You can request that your information is deleted at any time. Please contact the Data Protection Officer on the contact details below if you require any additional information or to request deletion.
Your legal rights in relation to your information
You have the right to access the information we hold about you, ask us to rectify any of that information, erase it, restrict or object in whole or part to the processing of it. You can contact us at any time and in the normal way to discuss how Virgin Money holds and uses your information and your rights.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer for further information and to exercise these rights at CYBG.email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues at ico.org.uk.