Virgin Money launches its first ever 15 year fixed rate mortgage
- New range offers residential 15 year fixed rates and buy-to-let fixed rates of 7 and 10 years
- 15 year residential fixed rates starting from 2.55%
- 10 year buy-to-let fixed rates starting from 2.46%
Virgin Money has expanded its mortgage proposition by launching a new range of long term fixed rate residential and buy-to-let products, offering borrowers interest rate certainty for up to 15 years.
The new products come with the same flexible features available across Virgin Money’s shorter-term product range, including overpayments of up to 10% per annum without penalty, payment holidays and portability to a new property if the customer moves home, subject to underwriting criteria at the time.
The new residential range, offering loans up to 95% LTV, includes:
- 15 year fixed rate at 65% LTV at 2.55% with £995 product fee
- 15 year fixed rate at 65% LTV at 2.89% with no product fee
- 15 year fixed rate at 75% LTV at 2.75% with £995 product fee
- 15 year fixed rate at 75% LTV at 2.99% with no product fee
- 15 year fixed rate at 90% LTV at 3.75% with no product fee
The new buy-to-let range, offering loans up to 75% LTV, includes:
- 7 year fixed rate at 60% LTV at 2.36% with £1,995 product fee
- 7 year fixed rate at 75% LTV at 3.24% with £995 product fee
- 10 year fixed rate at 60% LTV at 2.46% with £1,995 product fee
- 10 year fixed rate at 75% LTV at 3.99% with no product fee
Andrew Asaam, Director of Mortgages at Virgin Money, said:
"Fixed rates of longer than 10 years are not generally available in the UK market but, given the economic backdrop, they can be a perfect choice for borrowers who are looking for longer interest rate certainty. We are delighted to continue our tradition of innovation by adding them to our range, giving customers the option to take advantage and lock in the low rate environment for an extended period.
“Buy-to-let customers can also benefit, as our new range offers an attractive choice for landlords with fixed rates of up to 10 years.”
The new product range is available from 31 July 2019. Full details of Virgin Money’s mortgage product range is available at www.virginmoney.com
Virgin Money Press Office
0800 066 5998
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money provides award-winning customer service through a range of channels including digital (online and mobile), intermediaries, contact centres and a national network of Stores and customer Lounges.
- More than 15,000 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of 2018, over £700 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in many millions more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
- Virgin Money is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CYBG Group.