Virgin Money wows Cardiff with the launch of its latest lounge
- Virgin Money opens a state-of-the-art customer Lounge in Cardiff’s Old Library building
- The Lounge will offer a unique banking experience at 18/19 Trinity Square in Cardiff city centre
Virgin Money, voted one of the most trusted banks in the UK, has brought its award winning Lounge concept to Cardiff. The new state-of-the-art Lounge, situated in the Old Library Building at 18/19 Trinity Square, opened its doors for the first time on Monday 4th June.
Virgin Money Lounges are a unique concept in UK banking - interesting, stimulating and, above all, comfortable places where customers and local communities can come together. Unlike other banks, Virgin Money Lounges promise to wow, not woo customers.
The new Cardiff Lounge takes the customer experience to a new level, offering an outdoor terrace, community room and children’s play area. There is also a quieter floor featuring a library, in recognition of the building’s former use, and a bar area with complementary soft drinks and refreshments. Following in the tradition of its seven contemporaries the Virgin Money Cardiff Lounge also features a Baby Grand Piano.
To celebrate the opening of the Lounge, Virgin Money is participating in a number of community events in the city, including the Tafwyl Week and sponsoring the school marquee at the Tafwyl Fair, Cardiff’s annual Welsh arts and culture festival. Established in 2006 by local charity Menter Caerdydd, Tafwyl Fair celebrates the use of Welsh language.
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Virgin Money’s Chief Executive said: "We are delighted to open our eighth Virgin Money Lounge in Cardiff. It’s situated in one of the most historic buildings in the city and we can’t wait to open the doors and welcome everyone. As well as being a fantastic space for our customers, our Lounges in other cities have proved to be a huge hit with local charities and communities. We look forward to hearing about all of the exciting initiatives they have planned for Cardiff and the surrounding area.”
James Enos, Virgin Money Cardiff Lounge Manager said: "The Old Library Building is full of character and I’m sure that our new Lounge will prove very popular with customers and the local community. We can’t wait to bring our unique approach to banking to the people of Cardiff.”
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
- Full address of the Virgin Money Cardiff Lounge: 18/19 Trinity St, Cardiff, CF10 1BH
- The new Cardiff Lounge becomes the eighth to be opened in the UK, with others open in Edinburgh, Manchester, Norwich, Glasgow, Sheffield and two in London. All Virgin Money Lounges offer free refreshments and snacks, use of iPads, Wi-Fi access, televisions to catch up on the latest news, daily newspapers and facilities to help keep children entertained.
- Access to Lounges is available for all Virgin Money customers and membership is free. As part of Virgin Money’s ambition to make ‘everyone better off’, Lounges are also available for use by the local community for events, charity meetings and fundraising activities. More information about Virgin Money Lounges is available at www.virginmoney.com/virgin/about-lounges/
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 13,900 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of 2017, over £600 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £19 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.