Virgin Money launches new Rainbow credit card in support of Stonewall
- New card design celebrates the values represented by the Rainbow flag
- Virgin Money will make a donation to Stonewall for every purchase transaction made in the first three months following account opening, up to a total of £100,000
- Customers can combine the new card design with any of Virgin Money’s credit card products
Virgin Money has launched a new credit card giving customers the opportunity to show their support for the lesbian, gay, bi and trans (LGBT) community and raise money for Stonewall, the LGBT rights charity.
The new Rainbow credit card is available for customers to select in combination with any product from Virgin Money’s credit card range, which includes a wide choice of balance transfer, money transfer and purchase options.
Virgin Money will make a donation of £1 to Stonewall for every purchase transaction made using a Rainbow card in the first three months following account opening, up to a total of £100,000.
Stonewall was established in 1989 to advance equality and acceptance for lesbian, gay, bi and trans people. The charity promotes equal rights by working to tackle homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. It is focused on four key priorities: empowering individuals, transforming institutions, changing hearts and minds and changing laws.
Chris Taylor, Director of Credit Cards at Virgin Money, said: “Virgin Money believes in the positivity and the openness that the rainbow flag symbolises. We are delighted to launch the new Rainbow card design to mark 50 years of progress with LGBT rights, while supporting Stonewall which does such fantastic work to promote equality for the LGBT community.”
Will Byles, Head of Corporate Partnerships at Stonewall said: “Organisations have the power to effect change and at Stonewall, we believe that small acts can often have a remarkable impact. The rainbow card design is an amazing initiative that came out of Virgin Money’s LGBT network group, and a small but simple way Virgin Money customers can Come Out For LGBT while also supporting the work that we do here to improve the lives of LGBT people.”
All Virgin Money credit card customers have access to Virgin Money Lounges, which are designed to be places where customers can relax, put their feet up and enjoy the surroundings. Membership is free, as are the refreshments, use of iPads, wi-fi, newspapers and facilities to help keep children entertained. Virgin Money customers also have access to a range of exclusive offers from the Virgin Group, including discounts on a range of Virgin products such as holidays, train tickets and health club membership.
Further information on Virgin Money credit cards can be found at www.virginmoney.com
The launch of the Rainbow card adds to Virgin Money’s existing activities in this area. The company runs an Affinity Pride Network which develops insight and awareness, as well as enabling colleagues to be part of an inclusive workforce where sexuality and gender identity are not a factor. Matt Elliott, People Director and member of the Affinity Pride Network was recognised this year by OUTstanding as one of the Top 50 Ally Executives, and Joanna Walker, Regional Facilities Manager, was included as one of the Top 50 Future Leaders.
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money's business ambition is to make "everyone better off" - this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 13,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of Q3 2017, over £590 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £18 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cards for full terms and conditions.