Virgin Money launches new Manchester United Double Champions ISA
- Double Champions ISA offers a competitive one-year fixed rate of 1.20%
- A win bonus taking the total interest rate to 3.20% will be paid if Manchester United do the Premier League and Emirates FA Cup double this season
- Customers will also benefit from access to exclusive ‘United Rewards’
Virgin Money has launched a new ISA offering savers a competitive interest rate of 1.20% tax-free1/AER2 fixed for one year, with a win bonus increasing the rate to 3.20% tax-free1/AER2 if Manchester United do the double of winning the Premier League title and Emirates FA Cup in the 2017/18 season.
The new ISA can be opened with just £1 and is available online at www.virginmoney.com and through all Virgin Money Stores. Customers will receive the same interest rate however they choose to operate their account.
In addition to a competitive interest rate, customers opening a Double Champions ISA will automatically benefit from the ‘United Rewards’ scheme. Each month this offers customers the chance to win a range of prizes including matchday tickets for Old Trafford, signed Manchester United replica shirts and a range of other exciting prizes. The more customers save, the better their chances of winning are.
Rajesh Ahuja, Savings Director at Virgin Money said: “With Manchester United having made a strong start to the season and riding high in the Premier League, our new Double Champions ISA offers savers a competitive interest rate, plus the chance of a win bonus if Manchester United win the Premier League and Emirates FA Cup.”
Full details of Virgin Money’s savings range are available at www.virginmoney.com
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
Virgin Money is the Official Retail Financial Services Partner of Manchester United in the UK.
|Excluding win bonus||Including win bonus|
|1 year||Man Utd 1 Year Fixed Rate Double Champions ISA / E-ISA||1.20%||3.20%|
- Additional deposits can be made within 30 days from account opening.
- Withdrawals can be made during the fixed rate period subject to a charge equivalent to 60 days loss of interest.
- The interest rate including a win bonus will be applied if Manchester United win both the 2017/18 Premier League title and Emirates FA Cup.
- Accounts will receive 10 entries per month for the United Rewards prize draw, plus 1 additional entry per £50 balance each month, based on the average balance in the month.
1The tax-free rate is the contractual rate of interest payable where interest is exempt from income tax.
2AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money's business ambition is to make "everyone better off" - this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 13,000 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of June 2017, over £560 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £17.9 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
About Manchester United
Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth. Through our 139-year heritage we have won 66 trophies, enabling us to develop the world’s leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, new media & mobile, broadcasting and match day.
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit www.virginmoney.com/savings for full terms and conditions.Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.