Virgin Money announces new Lounge as it welcomes its two millionth visitor
- Cardiff Lounge to open in November 2017
- Two million visitors have now experienced the unique Virgin Money Lounges
- Virgin Money recognised as one of Britain’s most trusted banks for the second year running
Virgin Money has today announced that it will open its first Lounge in Wales. The latest Lounge will be the eighth across the UK and will opens its doors at 17-18 Trinity Street Cardiff in November 2017.
The news comes as the Virgin Money Lounges - a unique concept in UK retail banking – have now welcomed two million visitors since 2012.
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Virgin Money’s Chief Executive said: "As a result of the ongoing success of our Lounges and the quality of customer experience they offer, we’ve set our heart on bringing our unique approach to other major cities across the UK. We’re delighted to announce that we’ll be bringing our winning formula to Cardiff. Formerly Cardiff’s central library, of late it has been operating as various bars and restaurants and we look forward to bringing our own brand of hospitality when we open doors to customers in November.”
“Our ambition is to make everyone better off and our lounges are a great example of our different approach and how committed we are to delivering brilliant service to our customers.”
Lyn Rose, Customer Distribution Director at Virgin Money said: “I am delighted to reach the milestone of two million Lounge visits. The concept has been a stunning success and we have met some fantastic people with fascinating stories along the way. We’ve hosted brilliant sessions with kids learning about money, witnessed marriage proposals and held many music and comedy events for our customers to enjoy. The Lounges are also an integral part of their local communities, with fundraising events raising over £130,000 for a wide range of charities. We can’t wait to bring our unique style of banking to Cardiff.”
There are currently seven Lounges across key cities in the UK – two in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield and Norwich. They are designed to be interesting, stimulating and, above all, comfortable places where customers and local communities can come together. Lounge visitors can choose to put their feet up and enjoy the facilities, hold an informal business meeting or, if a customer decides they want to, they can undertake their personal banking. Membership is completely free, and so are the refreshments, Wi-Fi and use of iPads.
Virgin Money’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) increased to a record +39 in Q1 2017 and the Reputation Institute has recognised the business as one of Britain’s most trusted banks for the second year running.
Further information on Virgin Money Lounges is available at https://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/about-lounges/
Images of Virgin Money Lounges are available at:
- Sheffield - https://www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/albums/72157673012687440 Opens in a new window
- London Haymarket - https://www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/albums/72157655451235814 Opens in a new window
- London Eagle Place - https://www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/albums/72157641615113944 Opens in a new window
- Glasgow - https://www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/albums/72157646167589356 Opens in a new window
- Manchester - https://www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/albums/72157629218688677 Opens in a new window
- Edinburgh - https://www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/albums/72157627622144710 Opens in a new window
- Norwich - https://www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/albums/72157627957903915 Opens in a new window
About the Reputation Institute
In May 2017, The Reputation Institute announced Nationwide, Virgin Money and Halifax topped the UK’s ranking of the most reputable retail banks among the UK. The results were based on more than 35,000 ratings collected in the first quarter of 2017 from members of the UK general public.
The RepTrak system measures a company’s ability to deliver on stakeholder expectations on the seven key rational dimensions of reputation: products and services, innovation, workplace, governance, citizenship, leadership and performance.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- More than 12,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of Q1 2017, over £530 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £16 million more raised for charity because of its not-for-profit model.