Virgin Money reduces rates on selected products across its mortgage range
- Two-year fixed rate residential product now at 1.44% up to 65% LTV, with a £995 product fee
- Five-year fixed rate residential product now at 1.99% up to 65% LTV, with a £995 product fee
- Two-year fixed rate Buy-to-let product now at 2.19% up to 75% LTV, with a £1,995 product fee and £500 cashback for purchase and remortgage customers
Virgin Money has updated its mortgage range with a number of rate reductions on selected products across its core residential, Buy-to-let and Help-to-Buy product ranges. All products are available from Friday 2 September.
Key changes to the core residential product range:
- Two-year fixed rate up to 65% LTV reduced to 1.44% (£995 product fee)
- Two-year fixed rate up to 90% LTV reduced to 2.35% (£995 product fee)
- Five-year fixed rate up to 65% LTV reduced to 1.99% (£995 product fee)
Key changes to the Help-to-Buy Guarantee product range:
- Two-year fixed rate at 95% LTV reduced to 3.79% (No product fee)
- Five-year fixed rate at 95% LTV reduced to 4.39% (No product fee)
Key changes to the Help-to-Buy Equity Loan product range – with £500 cashback for purchase customers:
- Two-year fixed rate up to 75% LTV reduced to 1.65% (£995 product fee)
- Five-year fixed rate up to 55% LTV reduced to 2.19% (£995 product fee)
Key changes to Buy-to-let product range – with £500 cashback for purchase and remortgage customers:
- Two-year fixed rate up to 75% LTV reduced to 2.19% (£1,995 product fee)
- Five-year fixed rate up to 75% LTV reduced to 3.19% (£1,995 product fee)
Peter Rogerson, Virgin Money’s Commercial Director for Mortgages said: "We are delighted to be making a number of improvements across our residential, Help-to-Buy and Buy-to-let product ranges. After reporting a strong performance for the first six months of 2016, we remain focused on supporting our intermediary partners – and we believe this new range will be very popular with their customers."
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
Early Repayment Charges
Following the fixed rate or tracker period, the loan will revert to Virgin Money’s applicable Standard Variable Rate (currently 4.54% for residential and the Buy-to-let Variable Rate is 4.74%) for the life of the loan. On Everyday products, an Early Repayment Charge will apply to the outstanding secured loan balance at the time of redemption. Any overpayments in excess of the 10% annual allowance will also be subject to the Early Repayment Charge.
Products are available through registered mortgage intermediaries, via the UK based call centre on 0800 0285 277 and at www.virginmoney.com. Phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm Saturday, and 10am to 3pm on Sunday.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to over 3 million customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 11,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of June 2016, over £475 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £15 million more raised for charity because of its not-for-profit model.
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/mortgages/ for full terms and conditions.Virgin Money Holdings (UK) plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 03087587). Registered Office: Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL.