--- Calling all Manchester United Fans --- Virgin Money launches Manchester United credit card
- Exclusive new Manchester United credit card design sporting the famous club crest
- New design available on the full range of card deals from the award-winning provider
- Fans also benefit from the United Rewards scheme offering a range of prizes
Virgin Money has launched a new credit card design under its partnership with Manchester United, featuring the famous club crest.
Virgin Money is unique in its approach by making the new card design available across all products in its market-leading credit card range. This means Manchester United fans can enjoy access to the very best credit card deals on offer from Virgin Money.
Virgin Money’s credit card range includes a wide choice of products to suit a customer’s individual circumstances, with balance and money transfer deals offering interest-free periods of between 18 and 41 months. Full details of the credit card range is available at virginmoney.com/cards, where a credit card calculator is also available to help customers select the Virgin Money credit card that best meets their needs.
Customers opening a Manchester United credit card will benefit from the “United Rewards” scheme, which each month offers customers the chance to win a range of prizes including: matchday tickets for the Theatre of Dreams, signed Manchester United replica shirts, hospitality tickets to enjoy the game in style and a range of other exciting prizes.
Chris Taylor, Director of Credit Card Products at Virgin Money, said:
“We think it’s unfair to make football fans compromise between getting a competitive credit card deal and supporting the club they love, so our new Manchester United credit card gives fans the opportunity to show their support at the same time as having access to our full range of award-winning credit cards. In addition, customers will also enjoy access to our exclusive United Rewards scheme offering a range of exciting money-can’t-buy prizes.”
This is the first credit card to be launched under Virgin Money’s partnership with Manchester United. Further cards will be added to the range over time, and fans will be given the chance to get involved in choosing future card designs.
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
Virgin Money is the Official Retail Financial Services Partner of Manchester United in the UK.
Virgin Money credit cards
Virgin Money provides a credit card calculator to help customers select the Virgin Money credit card that best meets their needs. Customers select the size of balance or amount of money they intend to transfer and their planned monthly repayment. The calculator then orders Virgin Money’s credit card range by overall cost, promotional period or length of time to repay the balance. Customers can try out different scenarios and see the impact of alternative payment plans, and the calculator also shows the monthly payment that will enable customers to clear their balance within the promotional period, avoiding any interest payments. The calculator is available at virginmoney.com/cards.
Unlike most credit card providers in the UK, Virgin Money ensures that all successful applicants receive the promotional rate and duration they apply for. Virgin Money does not offer shorter balance transfer periods or higher interest rates to customers after reviewing their application.
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit virginmoney.com/cards for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to over 3 million customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 11,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of June 2016, over £475 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £15 million more raised for charity because of its not-for-profit model.
About Manchester United
Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth. Through our 138-year heritage we have won 64 trophies, enabling us to develop the world’s leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, new media & mobile, broadcasting and match day.Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.