Virgin Money launches the "Manchester United Champions Bond" for Savers
- Virgin Money launches the first product under its new partnership with Manchester United
- The 'Champions Bond' offers an attractive fixed interest rate for savers, and doubles interest if Manchester United win the 2016/17 premiership title
- Customers also benefit from exclusive access to money can’t buy 'United Rewards'
Following the announcement of Virgin Money’s partnership with Manchester United, the first product under the agreement has been launched.
The new Champions Bond offers savers:
- an attractive interest rate of 1.25% annual gross1/AER2 fixed for one year
- the chance to double their interest rate to 2.50% annual gross1/AER2 fixed for one year if Manchester United win the 2016/17 Premier League Title.
Accounts can be opened with just £1 and are available online at www.virginmoney.com and through Virgin Money stores. Customers will receive the same interest rate however they choose to operate their account.
As well as competitive interest rates, customers opening a Champions Bond will automatically benefit from the new "United Rewards" scheme, which each month offers customers the chance to win a range of prizes including matchday tickets for the Theatre of Dreams, signed Manchester United replica shirts, hospitality tickets to enjoy the game in style and a range of other exciting prizes. The more customers save, the better their chances of winning
Rajesh Ahuja, Savings Director at Virgin Money said: "The Manchester United Champions Bond offers savers a competitive interest rate, with a potential win bonus where they can double their interest earned if the club wins the Premier League next season. Combined with the prizes available through the United Rewards scheme, which are exclusively for customers, we think this is a real winner for savers."
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
|1 year||Man Utd 1 Year Fixed Rate Champions Bond / eBond||1.25%||2.50%|
- Withdrawals from the Champions Bond are not permitted during the fixed rate period.
- The interest rate including a win bonus will be applied if Manchester United wins the 2016/17 Premier League title.
- Accounts will receive 10 entries per month for the United Rewards prize draw, plus 1 additional entry per £50 balance each month, based on the average balance in the month.
1Gross P.A. is the rate of interest without the deduction of tax. Please note that the automatic deduction of tax on savings interest for non-ISAs ceased with effect from 6 April 2016.
2AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to over 3 million customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 11,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of 2015, over £420 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £13 million more raised for charity because of its not-for-profit model.
About Manchester United
Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth. Through our 138-year heritage we have won 63 trophies, enabling us to develop the world’s leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, new media & mobile, broadcasting and match day.