Virgin Money Launches New Balance Transfer and Purchase Credit Cards
- New market-leading 41 month credit card offers interest-free balance transfers with a one-off fee of 3.29%.
- New Purchase card offers 27 months interest free on new purchases.
- Balance transfer fee on the 25 month All Round card reduced to 1.50%.
Virgin Money has updated its credit card range, launching two new cards offering competitive options for interest-free balance transfers and purchases, and reducing the balance transfer fee on its All Round credit card.
The new 41 month card, which is available for a limited period until 20 October 2016, offers:
- 41 months 0% interest on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 3.29%.
- 41 months 0% interest on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 3.79%.
- 3 months 0% interest on purchases.
The new Purchase card offers:
- 27 months 0% interest on purchases.
- 20 months 0% interest on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 2.99%.
- 20 months 0% interest on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 4.00%.
The All Round card has also been updated, with the balance transfer fee reduced from 2.00% to 1.50% to offer:
- 25 months 0% interest on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 1.50%.
- 25 months 0% interest on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 2.00%.
- 25 months 0% interest on purchases.
All introductory rates apply to balance and money transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening.
Chris Taylor, Director of Credit Card Products at Virgin Money, said: "Our market-leading 41 month balance transfer card has been very popular previously, so we are delighted to make it available again. We also recognise that some customers want a credit card they can use to make interest-free purchases for a longer period, and our new 27 month Purchase card is ideal for this."
Unlike most credit card providers in the UK, Virgin Money ensures that all successful applicants receive the promotional rate and duration they apply for. Virgin Money does not offer shorter balance transfer periods or higher interest rates to customers after reviewing their application.
All Virgin Money credit card customers have access to Virgin Money Lounges together with a range of exclusive offers from the Virgin Group, including discounts on a range of Virgin products such as holidays and train tickets. Further information on Virgin Money credit cards can be found at www.virginmoney.com
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
|Card||Balance transfer period||Balance transfer fee||Money transfer period||Money transfer fee||Purchase period||Representative APR (variable)|
|41 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 41 months||3.29%||0% for 41 months||3.79%||0% for 3 months||20.9%|
|Purchase||0% for 20 months||2.99%||0% for 20 months||4.00%||0% for 27 months||19.9%|
|All Round||0% for 25 months||1.50%||0% for 25 months||2.00%||0% for 25 months||18.9%|
Virgin Money provides a credit card calculator to help customers select the Virgin Money credit card that best meets their needs. Customers select the size of balance or amount of money they intend to transfer and their planned monthly repayment. The calculator then orders Virgin Money’s credit card range by overall cost, promotional period or length of time to repay the balance. Customers can try out different scenarios and see the impact of alternative payment plans, and the calculator also shows the monthly payment that will enable customers to clear their balance within the promotional period, avoiding any interest payments. The calculator is available at virginmoney.com/cards.
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit virginmoney.com/cards for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to over 3 million customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 11,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of June 2016, over £475 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £15 million more raised for charity because of its not-for-profit model.