Virgin Money launches Manchester United Red Devil Saver
- Manchester United Red Devil Saver offers an attractive interest rate of 1.05%
- £50 will be donated to the Manchester United Foundation for every account opened before the end of the Community Shield weekend
- Customers also benefit from exclusive access to money can’t buy 'United Rewards'
Virgin Money has launched a new easy access savings account under its partnership with Manchester United, offering customers an attractive interest rate of 1.05% annual gross1/AER2 variable.
The 'Red Devil' Saver can be opened with anything from £1 up to the maximum balance of £30,000, and is available online at www.virginmoney.com and through Virgin Money stores. Customers will receive the same interest rate however they choose to operate their account.
Community support over the FA Community Shield weekend
Commonly seen as the traditional curtain-raiser for the new football season, the Community Shield raises hundreds of thousands of pounds for good causes each year, distributed by football clubs across the country to local charities and community-based projects.
To celebrate both the launch of the new savings account and Manchester United’s appearance in the Community Shield on Sunday 7 August, Virgin Money will boost the level of fundraising linked to the event. £50 will be donated to the Manchester United Foundation for every Red Devil Saver opened before the end of the Community Shield weekend on 7 August and funded with at least £100 by 21 August, up to a maximum total donation of £50,000. This will support the work the Foundation does with young people in the community.
Customers opening a Manchester United Red Devil Saver will automatically benefit from the "United Rewards" scheme, which each month offers customers the chance to win a range of prizes including matchday tickets for the Theatre of Dreams, signed Manchester United replica shirts, hospitality tickets to enjoy the game in style and a range of other exciting prizes. The more customers save, the better their chances of winning.
Rajesh Ahuja, Savings Director at Virgin Money said: "The Manchester United Red Devil Saver offers an attractive interest rate for savers who want penalty-free access to their savings plus exclusive access to the United Rewards scheme offering a range of exciting prizes.
"We’re delighted to celebrate the launch of the account and to support the charity fundraising from the Community Shield by donating £50 to the Manchester United Foundation for each new account opened over the weekend."
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
Virgin Money is the Official Retail Financial Services Partner of Manchester United in the UK.
|Man Utd Red Devil Saver / E-Saver||1.05% variable|
Accounts will receive 10 entries per month for the United Rewards prize draw, plus 1 additional entry per £50 balance each month, based on the average balance in the month.
1Gross P.A. is the rate of interest without the deduction of tax. Please note that the automatic deduction of tax on savings interest for non-ISAs ceased with effect from 6 April 2016.
2AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to over 3 million customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 11,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of June 2016, over £475 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £15 million more raised for charity because of its not-for-profit model.
About Manchester United
Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth. Through our 138-year heritage we have won 63 trophies, enabling us to develop the world’s leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, new media & mobile, broadcasting and match day.
About Manchester United Foundation
Manchester United Foundation uses football to engage and inspire young people to build a better life for themselves and unite the communities in which they live. Dedicated staff deliver football coaching, educational programmes and personal development, providing young people with opportunities to change their lives for the better. Further information is available at http://www.mufoundation.org.