Virgin Money creates a "noughty" offer for Valentine's day: A new 40 month 0% balance transfer credit card with a lower transfer fee
- New card offers 40 months interest-free for balance and money transfers
- Balance transfer fee reduced to 2.89%
- New 36 month credit card also launched, with a 1.69% balance transfer fee
- Both cards available to lovers everywhere only until 14 February 2016
Virgin Money has relaunched its market-leading credit card offering customers 40 months interest free on balance and money transfers, and reduced the balance transfer fee to 2.89%. This offer is only available until Valentine’s Day, and all new customers will have the chance to win one of five “noughty” weekend breaks in a luxury hotel.
The new card offers:
- 40 months 0% interest on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 2.89%
- 40 months 0% interest on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 4.00%
- 3 months 0% interest on purchases
A new 36 month credit card has also been launched which offers:
- 36 months 0% interest on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 1.69%
- 36 months 0% interest on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 4.00%
- 3 months 0% interest on purchases
All introductory rates apply to balance and money transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening. Both credit cards are available for a limited period only, and will remain open for applications until 14 February 2016.
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, Virgin Money is giving away five ‘noughty’ weekends to new Virgin Money Credit Card customers. All successful applicants that apply by 14 February will be in with a chance of winning one of five ‘noughty’ weekend breaks, which includes a £800 Mr & Mrs Smith voucher and First Class UK travel with Virgin Trains.
John Natalizia, Director of Credit Card Products and Operations at Virgin Money, said: "Our 40 month credit card was massively popular with customers last year, so we’re delighted to bring it back with a lower balance transfer fee and the chance for customers to celebrate Valentine’s Day by whisking their loved ones away on a weekend break"
Unlike most credit card providers in the UK, Virgin Money ensures that all successful applicants receive the promotional rate and duration they apply for. Virgin Money does not offer shorter balance transfer periods or higher interest rates to customers after reviewing their application.
All Virgin Money credit card customers have access to Virgin Money Lounges together with a range of exclusive offers from the Virgin Group, including discounts on a range of Virgin products such as holidays, train tickets and health club membership. Further information on Virgin Money credit cards can be found at www.virginmoney.com
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
email@example.com email opens in a new window
|Card||Balance transfer period||Balance transfer fee||Money transfer period||Money transfer fee||Purchase period||Representative APR (variable)|
|40 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 40 months||2.89%||0% for 40 months||4.00%||0% for 3 months||18.9%|
|36 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 36 months||1.69%||0% for 36 months||4.00%||0% for 3 months||18.9%|
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cards for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £315 million, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.