Virgin Money celebrates 40 years of punk with 40 months for 40 days
- New market-leading credit card offers 40 months interest-free for balance and money transfers
- Card available with exclusive Sex Pistols designs for 40 days, celebrating 40 years since punk music rose to fame
Virgin Money has relaunched its popular 40 month credit card, available for 40 days until 24 May 2016, marking the 40 years since punk music emerged from the underground into the mainstream in 1976.
The new market-leading credit card offers:
- 40 months 0% interest on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 2.59%
- 40 months 0% interest on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 4.00%
- 3 months 0% interest on purchases
All introductory rates apply to balance and money transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening.
Customers can choose from a range of card designs, including the iconic Sex Pistols artwork from the period.
Chris Taylor, Director of Credit Card Products at Virgin Money, said: “We’re delighted to bring back our 40 month card as it offers customers fantastic value for money. Our Sex Pistols designs have proven to be extremely popular and in the 40th year of Punk, it seemed only fitting to make the offer available for 40 days.”
Unlike most credit card providers in the UK, Virgin Money ensures that all successful applicants receive the promotional rate and duration they apply for. Virgin Money does not offer shorter balance transfer periods or higher interest rates to customers after reviewing their application.
All Virgin Money credit card customers have access to Virgin Money Lounges together with a range of exclusive offers from the Virgin Group, including discounts on a range of Virgin products such as holidays and train tickets. Further information on Virgin Money credit cards can be found at www.virginmoney.com
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
|Card||Balance transfer period||Balance transfer fee||Money transfer period||Money transfer fee||Purchase period||Representative APR(variable)|
|40 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 40 months||2.59%||0% for 40 months||4.00%||0% for 3 months||18.9%|
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cards for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £315 million, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.