Virgin Money launches 26 Marathon-themed offers to celebrate one million London Marathon finishers
- The 2016 London Marathon saw the one-millionth runner cross its famous finish line
- Virgin Money celebrates the achievement of all runners who have completed the race since it began in 1981
- All finishers can take advantage of 26 exclusive offers – one for each of the Marathon’s 26 miles.
The 2016 Virgin Money London Marathon saw the one millionth finisher cross its famous finish-line on The Mall since the first London Marathon in 1981.
To help celebrate this remarkable milestone and recognise the achievement of all one million finishers, headline sponsor Virgin Money has created 26 fantastic offers and competitions from across the Virgin Group and other London Marathon partners – one for each of the Marathon’s 26 miles. The offers are exclusively available to the #oneinamillion London Marathon finishers.
For those who want to keep up their running, there's 26% off Adidas at sweatshop.com. Or for those who’d rather hang up their running shoes for a while, there’s an exclusive Virgin Holidays discount and 26.2% off Virgin Money Travel Insurance. Or runners can simply choose to sit back and celebrate their achievement with an exclusive Virgin Wines offer - five bottles including some fizz for just £26.20.
All the offers are hosted on the website www.oneinamillion.london and Virgin Money invites all London Marathon finishers to register for access to the deals.
Paul Lloyd, Marketing Director at Virgin Money said: “One million people finishing the London Marathon is an outstanding milestone and we wanted to mark that with something exclusive for all those brilliant runners. The ‘One in a Million’ website has been created to give something back to those people who have completed the distance, many of them running for charity. We encourage all of those runners to be part of ‘one in a million’ and to register their details on the website and take advantage of the exclusive offers we have put together for them.”
To find out more please visit www.oneinamillion.london
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
- All eligible runners who register will have their details automatically verified
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £315 million, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- By the end of 2015, over £420 million had been raised for charity through Virgin Money Giving since its launch in 2009 and more than 10,000 charities are registered with the service. It is estimated that at the end of 2015, £13 million more has been raised for charity through Virgin Money Giving because of its not-for-profit model.
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid. For every £10 raised, charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any profit achieved after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Vitality Reading Half Marathon, Prudential Ride London, Virgin Money Cyclone and the Royal Half Parks Marathon