Premier League bombshell: Richard Branson signs for Manchester United
- Virgin Money signs four-year deal with Manchester United
- Attractive products and exclusive rewards for supporters
Richard Branson was unveiled as Manchester United’s latest signing today, as Virgin Money agreed a new partnership with the club ahead of the 2016-17 Premier League season. The four-year deal sees Virgin Money become the Official Retail Financial Services Partner of Manchester United in the UK.
The new agreement means customers will soon be able to take advantage of a range of attractive products, including Manchester United credit cards and savings accounts. Customers taking one of the new products will get exclusive access to a range of club-related rewards and benefits, with further announcements to be made in the coming days.
Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group said: "Virgin and Manchester United have very similar philosophies – we both want to change the game, not just play it. The two coming together under this new partnership with Virgin Money will create something really special."
Richard Arnold, Group Managing Director of Manchester United said: "This exciting partnership brings together for the first time two iconic brands; two industry leaders who have a reputation as innovators in their fields. I have every confidence the values we share will make this partnership a great success, above all for our loyal fans who will soon be introduced to a range of products that will bring them even closer to the club they support."
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Chief Executive Officer of Virgin Money said: "We’re proud to be the official UK financial services partner of Manchester United FC. This new partnership enables us to combine Virgin Money’s excellent financial products and customer service with the reach of Manchester United, one of the biggest football clubs in the world.
"We’re going to create some very special products and exclusive offers designed especially for fans, with real rewards that money can’t buy. We’ll be launching those soon and can’t wait to get started. Come on you reds!"
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to over 3 million customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 11,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of 2015, over £420 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £13 million more raised for charity because of its not-for-profit model.
About Manchester United
Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth. Through our 138-year heritage we have won 63 trophies, enabling us to develop the world’s leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, new media & mobile, broadcasting and match day.Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.