26 Months for 26 Miles - New Virgin Money Credit Card celebrates the London Marathon
- 26 months interest-free for balance transfers, with an effective balance transfer fee of 0.26%
- 26 months interest-free for money transfers, with a 4% money transfer fee
- Prize draw to give away six free places for the 2017 London Marathon
Virgin Money’s new credit card offers customers 26 months interest free on balance and money transfers, and comes with an effective balance transfer fee of 0.26%1.
The new card has been designed to celebrate the forthcoming Virgin Money London Marathon and the 26 mile distance its runners will tackle. The new card is available for 26 days only, until 26 April 2016.
The new card offers:
- 26 months 0% interest on balance transfers, with an effective transfer fee of 0.26%1
- 26 months 0% interest on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 4.00%
- 3 months 0% interest on purchases
All introductory rates apply to balance and money transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening.
Virgin Money is also offering new customers who apply for the card before 26 April 2016, the opportunity to enter a prize draw to win one of six free places for the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon.
Chris Taylor, Director of Credit Card Products at Virgin Money, said: “Our new 26 month card celebrates the world famous Virgin Money London Marathon. Reflecting the distance the runners will tackle, our 26 month card is a competitive product offering customers the perfect opportunity to manage their financial situation. And for those who have dreams of taking part in this world-famous event, we are running a prize draw to give away six free places for next year’s race.”
Unlike most credit card providers in the UK, Virgin Money ensures that all successful applicants receive the promotional rate and duration they apply for. Virgin Money does not offer shorter balance transfer periods or higher interest rates to customers after reviewing their application.
All Virgin Money credit card customers have access to Virgin Money Lounges together with a range of exclusive offers from the Virgin Group, including discounts on a range of Virgin products such as holidays and train tickets. Further information on Virgin Money credit cards can be found at www.virginmoney.com
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
|Card||Balance transfer period||Effective|
Balance transfer fee
|Money transfer period||Money transfer fee||Purchase period||Representative APR(variable)|
|26 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 26 months||0.26%1||0% for 26 months||4.00%||0% for 3 months||18.9%|
|1 The card has a contractual balance transfer fee of 3% (min £3) which the customer is initially charged. Once a balance transfer has been processed, within the first 60 days of account opening, a refund of 2.74% of the transfer amount is made to the customers account, making the effective balance transfer fee 0.26%. Customers will receive the refund within 14 days following the date of each balance transfer undertaken within the first 60 days from account opening.
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cards for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £315 million, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.