Virgin Money opens new Lounge in Haymarket, Central London
- The sixth Virgin Money Lounge offers customers a unique banking experience
- Customers are welcomed to the Haymarket Lounge by a huge interactive digital touchscreen
- Lower ground floor designed in the style of an airliner cabin with a cockpit simulator playroom to keep the kids entertained
Virgin Money continues to reinvent and enrich the banking experience for customers by opening its sixth Virgin Money Lounge on Haymarket, London SW1. The new Lounge opened its doors on Monday 10 August.
Virgin Money Lounges are unique in UK banking. They are designed to be interesting, stimulating and, above all, comfortable places where customers and local communities can come together. Lounge visitors can choose to put their feet up and enjoy the facilities, use the Lounge for an informal meeting… and if a customer decides they want to undertake some personal banking, that choice is available too.
Only a short-walk from Piccadilly Circus, the new Haymarket Lounge takes the Virgin Money customer experience to a whole new level. The entrance level offers customers the chance to ‘lounge’, watch TV, or browse through a range of Virgin Money information on a huge interactive touch screen display. It also offers full banking facilities to customers in a strikingly designed banking area, with a beautiful virtual fish tank, complete with virtual Richard Branson diver.
When customers descend to lower ground, they may forget they’re in a bank altogether and expect to be asked to take their seats for take off. Given Virgin’s history in aviation, the lower floor has been designed in the style of the interior of an airliner with real airliner seats, overhead lockers and floor lighting to guide the way. The generously-spaced seats can be arranged in cinema style to face a big screen, or easily swivelled to face each other for informal meetings. The aircraft theme extends to a children’s playroom, which is equipped with a range of traditional and interactive games to keep the young ones entertained.
In addition to the traditional banking facilities, the Haymarket Lounge plans to use technology to enable customers to hold real-time video conferences with specialist advisers in other Virgin Money locations – including sessions to enable an advised mortgage application to be completed as well as lifestyle financial reviews.
The new Haymarket Lounge is the sixth to be opened in the UK, following the Lounges in Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Norwich and Glasgow. All Virgin Money Lounges offer free refreshments and snacks, use of iPads, free wi-fi access, televisions to catch up on the latest news, daily newspapers and facilities to help keep children entertained.
Access to Lounges is available for all Virgin Money customers, and membership is free. As part of Virgin Money’s ambition to make ‘everyone better off’, Lounges are also available on request for use by the local community for events, charity meetings and fundraising activities.
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Virgin Money’s Chief Executive said: “Our Lounges offer a perfect example of how we are different to other UK banks and how committed we are to delivering a unique and brilliant service to our customers. The new Haymarket Lounge pushes the boundaries of banking even further. Where else can you go, catch up with friends and enjoy a cup of tea while sitting in an airline interior?
“Our Lounges are incredibly popular, and we are delighted to have opened our sixth Lounge in Haymarket, so that even more customers can enjoy the amazing experience we offer. The question is: what do we do to beat this when we open the next one?”
Virgin Money Press Office
Tel: 0191 279 4676
Notes to Editors
- Further information about Virgin Money Lounges is available at www.virginmoney.com/virgin/about-lounges/
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to our shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.