Virgin Money launches new two-year fixed rate savings accounts
- Two-year fixed rate ISA offering a market-leading interest rate of 2.06% tax-free3/AER2
- Two-year fixed rate bond also available at 2.06% annual gross1/AER2
Virgin Money is today launching a new two-year fixed rate ISA offering a market-leading interest rate, and a new two-year fixed rate bond offering the same interest rate.
The new accounts are available through Virgin Money stores, online, over the telephone and by post, and customers will receive the same attractive interest rate however they choose to operate their account.
Fixed Rate ISA
The new fixed rate ISA offers customers a market-leading interest rate of 2.06% tax-free3/AER2 for two years. Customers can transfer-in existing ISAs and additional deposits are accepted for 30 days following account opening.
Fixed Rate Bond
The new two-year fixed rate bond offers customers the same interest rate as the equivalent cash ISA, 2.06% annual gross1/AER2. Accounts can be opened with just £1 and additional deposits are accepted for as long as the account remains available to new customers.
Zack Hocking, Head of Savings at Virgin Money said: "Many customers like to take advantage of the higher returns available on fixed rate accounts when they don’t need instant access to their savings. The new two-year options we have launched offer customers the same competitive rates for both the ISA and fixed rate bond products, ensuring ISA savers enjoy the full benefit of their tax-free allowance."
Information on Virgin Money’s full savings range is available at www.virginmoney.com
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
Fixed Rate ISAs
|2 year||Virgin Fixed Rate Cash ISA Issue 165
Virgin Fixed Rate E-ISA 136
Customers can withdraw funds from fixed rate ISAs during the fixed rate period, subject to a charge equivalent to 90 days loss of interest.
Fixed Rate Bonds
|2 year||Virgin Fixed Rate Bond Issue 178
Virgin Fixed Rate E-Bond Issue 146
Withdrawals from these fixed rate bonds are not permitted during the fixed rate period.
1Gross is the rate of interest paid to eligible non-taxpayers without deduction of tax. Please note interest will be paid net of tax unless you are eligible to receive interest gross and submit the required registration form to us.
2AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
3The tax-free rate is the contractual rate of interest payable where interest is exempt from income tax.
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/savings for full terms and conditions.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority