Virgin Money launches new mortgage range for the new year
- Residential fixed rates reduced by up to 0.80% for customers with smaller deposits
- New Stamp Duty Buster range launched for Help to Buy Equity Loan customers, offering £2,500 cashback
- Intermediary Exclusive two-year fixed rate launched at 1.84% at 65% LTV, with a £995 product fee
Virgin Money has announced a number of improvements to its mortgage range including the launch of new products and reductions to selected rates. All products are available with immediate effect.
Rate reductions for customers with smaller deposits
- All 95% LTV residential fixed rates available at 4.99%, with no product fees:
- two-year fixed rate reduced by 0.25% to 4.99%
- three-year fixed rate reduced by 0.70% to 4.99%
- five-year fixed rate reduced by 0.80% to 4.99%.
- All 90% LTV residential fixed rates reduced by 0.30%, with no product fees:
- two-year fixed rate reduced to 3.59%
- three-year fixed rate reduced to 4.09%
- five-year fixed rate reduced to 4.19%.
New Help to Buy Equity Loan Stamp Duty Buster range launched, offering cashback of £2,500
- A new two-year fixed rate Stamp Duty Buster at 75% LTV available at 3.19%, with a £995 product fee.
- Three-year fixed rate Stamp Duty Buster at 75% LTV reduced to 3.29% – a reduction of 0.20% – with a £995 product fee.
- Five-year fixed rate Stamp Duty Buster at 75% LTV reduced to 3.49% – a reduction of 0.30% – with a £995 product fee.
Key changes to the Intermediary Exclusive range
Virgin Money has launched a number of new products across its Intermediary Exclusive range, which is available through intermediaries registered with a Virgin Money national account.
- A new two-year fixed rate at 65% LTV available at 1.84%, with a £995 product fee.
- Three- year fixed rate at 65% LTV reduced to 2.35%, with a £995 product fee.
- Five-year fixed rate at 65% LTV reduced to 2.79%, with a £995 product fee.
- Five-year fixed rate at 65% LTV reduced to 2.69%, with a £1,495 product fee.
- The £99 application fee is being waived, for a limited period only, on all 65% LTV Intermediary Exclusive five-year fixed remortgage rates.
Peter Rogerson, Virgin Money’s Savings and Mortgages Director said: “We’re delighted to begin 2015 by launching our updated mortgage range, which includes rate reductions and some new products. We believe our improved mortgage range continues to demonstrate Virgin Money’s commitment to supporting mortgage borrowers in 2015.”
Full details of Virgin Money’s new mortgage product range are available at http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/mortgages
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact the Virgin Money Press Office:Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
Early Repayment Charges
Following the fixed rate or tracker period, the loan will revert to Virgin Money’s Standard Variable Rate (SVR), (currently 4.79%) for the life of the loan. On Everyday products, an Early Repayment Charge will apply to the outstanding secured loan balance at the time of redemption. Any overpayments in excess of the 10% annual allowance will also be subject to the Early Repayment Charge.
Products are available through registered mortgage intermediaries, via our UK based call centre on 0800 0285 277 and at www.virginmoney.com. Phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm Saturday, and 10am to 3pm on Sunday.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to our shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit www.virginmoney.com/mortgages for full terms and conditions.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.