Virgin Money launches a top 40 hit – the longest-ever balance transfer credit card
- New limited-issue credit card offers 40 months interest-free for balance and money transfers
- New card offer available for 20 days - one day for each of Virgin Money’s 20 years in business
- New “cassette tape” card design available to celebrate the chart-topping launch
Virgin Money has launched the longest-ever balance transfer credit card, offering 40 months interest-free on both balance and money transfers. Launched today, 21 August, to help celebrate Virgin Money’s first 20 years in business, the offer will run for 20 days only and end on 9 September 2015.
The new 40 month credit card offers:
- 40 months interest-free on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 2.99%
- 40 months interest-free on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 4.00%
- 3 months interest-free on purchases
The introductory rates apply to balance and money transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening.
To help mark Virgin Money’s first 20 years in business since its launch in 1995, a new retro “cassette tape” card design has been made available with the chart-topping 40 month credit card. The design continues to draw on Virgin’s history in music and follows the launch of the Sex Pistols card. This new card design is also available as an option on all Virgin Money credit cards.
John Natalizia, Director of Credit Card Products and Operations at Virgin Money said: "Virgin Money has spent the last twenty years disrupting UK financial services, and we are delighted to continue that tradition with the launch of our 40 month credit card. Our new card offers customers a market-leading interest-free period for both balance and money transfers. As with most chart-toppers, it will only be there for a limited period and we’re limiting ours to twenty days, so anyone interested will need to act quickly."
Unlike most credit card providers in the UK, Virgin Money ensures that all successful applicants receive the promotional rate and duration they apply for. Virgin Money does not offer shorter balance transfer periods or higher interest rates to customers after reviewing their application.
John added: "Most credit card providers promote eye-catching offers, but may offer a different product with a shorter balance transfer period or higher interest rate once they have assessed the customer’s application. Virgin Money does things differently, promising accepted customers that the rate they see is the rate they get."
All Virgin Money credit card customers have access to Virgin Money Lounges together with a range of exclusive offers from the Virgin Group, including discounts on a range of Virgin products such as holidays, train tickets and health club membership.
32 Month Balance Transfer Card News
Virgin Money has also announced a reduction in fees on its 32 month credit card. The balance transfer fee has been cut from 1.75% to 1.50% and the card offers interest-free balance transfers and money transfers for a period of 32 months. For purchases, the card is interest free for 3 months.
Further information on Virgin Money credit cards can be found at www.virginmoney.com.
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
|Card||Balance transfer period||Balance transfer fee||Money transfer period||Money transfer fee||Purchase period||Representative APR (variable)|
|18 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 18 months||0.75%||0% for 18 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|26 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 26 months||1.25%||0% for 26 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|32 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 32 months||1.50%||0% for 32 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|34 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 34 months||2.25%||0% for 34 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|36 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 36 months||2.50%||0% for 36 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|40 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 40 months||2.99%||0% for 40 months||4.00%||0% for 3 months||18.9%|
|All Round||0% for 24 months||1.00%||0% for 24 months||1.90%||0% for 24 months||18.9%|
|Low Rate||7.67% (p.a) for life||Nil||7.67% (p.a) for life||Nil||7.67% (p.a) for life||7.9%|
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cards.jsp for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to our shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.