Virgin Money launches 37 month balance transfer credit card and cuts money transfer fee on 34 month card
- A new limited-issue credit card offers 37 months interest-free for balance and money transfers
- The new 37 month card offer is only available until 30 September
- Money transfer fee on 34 month card reduced from 4.00% to 2.29%
Virgin Money announces that it has made two further improvements to its credit card range.
37 Month Balance Transfer Card – Limited Offer
Virgin Money has launched a new 37 month credit card, offering 37 months interest-free on both balance and money transfers. Launched today, 10 September, the offer will run for 20 days only and end on 30 September 2015.
The new 37 month credit card offers:
- 37 months interest-free on balance transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 2.79%
- 37 months interest-free on money transfers, with a one-off transfer fee of 4.00%
- 3 months interest-free on purchases
The introductory rates apply to balance and money transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening.
John Natalizia, Director of Credit Card Products and Operations at Virgin Money, said "For those who may have missed out on our longest-ever 40 month card limited offer, which has now expired, our new 37 month credit card offers customers another chance to pick-up a market-leading interest-free period for both balance and money transfers. The balance transfer fee on the 37 month card has also been reduced, so there is some added value for those who missed out on the previous offer. This new card will only be available for a limited period of 20 days, so anyone interested will need to act quickly."
34 Month Balance Transfer Card – Limited Offer
Virgin Money has also improved its 34 month credit card for customers. The money transfer fee has been cut from 4.00% to 2.29% and the card also offers interest-free balance transfers for the same 34 month period, with the same fee. For purchases, the card is interest free for 3 months.
John Natalizia added: "Money transfer is a really flexible feature that enables customers to move some of their credit card limit into a current account, turning credit into cash. Our customers tell us they like this feature and our improved 34 month card offers customers another great value option – with the added bonus of a reduced money transfer fee."
Unlike most credit card providers in the UK, Virgin Money ensures that all successful applicants receive the promotional rate and duration they apply for. Virgin Money does not offer shorter balance transfer periods or higher interest rates to customers after reviewing their application.
All Virgin Money credit card customers have access to Virgin Money Lounges together with a range of exclusive offers from the Virgin Group, including discounts on a range of Virgin products such as holidays, train tickets and health club membership.
Customers can also have their Virgin Money credit cards in a variety of colourful designs, including the iconic Sex Pistols artwork.
Further information on Virgin Money credit cards can be found at www.virginmoney.com.
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
|Card||Balance transfer period||Balance transfer fee||Money transfer period||Money transfer fee||Purchase period||Representative APR (variable)|
|18 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 18 months||0.75%||0% for 18 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|26 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 26 months||1.25%||0% for 26 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|32 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 32 months||1.50%||0% for 32 months||4.00%||0% for 6 months||18.9%|
|34 Month Money Transfer||0% for 34 months||2.29%||0% for 34 months||2.29%||0% for 3 months||18.9%|
|37 Month Balance Transfer||0% for 37 months||2.79%||0% for 37 months||4.00%||0% for 3 months||18.9%|
|All Round||0% for 24 months||1.00%||0% for 24 months||1.90%||0% for 24 months||18.9%|
|Low Rate||7.67% (p.a) for life||Nil||7.67% (p.a) for life||Nil||7.67% (p.a) for life||7.9%|
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cards.jsp for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to our shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.