Virgin Money celebrates Royal arrival with Charlottes and Charlies everywhere
- Accounts will be loaded with £25 for the first 1,000 children named either Charlotte or Charlie who open a new Virgin Money Young Saver
- Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 offers interest of 2.00% gross1 pa/AER2
To celebrate the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's second child, Princess Charlotte, Virgin Money is giving away Virgin Young Saver accounts loaded with £25 to the first 1,000 children named either Charlotte or Charlie aged under 16 who open a new account through a Store.
Zack Hocking, Head of Savings at Virgin Money said: "A new Royal arrival is an uplifting experience for the nation and to celebrate the birth of Kate and William’s second child we are offering the first 1,000 Charlottes and Charlies a Virgin Young Saver Account loaded with £25."
"This is a bit of fun to celebrate the birth, but there is also a serious message at its heart. Saving for children helps them get off to a great start when they fly the nest and start to live their lives independently. It is never too early to start saving for your child’s financial future."
The Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 pays a variable interest rate of 2.00% gross1 pa/AER2, and is available to open through Virgin Money Stores, over the telephone, or by post, to customers aged under 16. Accounts can be opened with just £1, and provide the convenience and peace of mind of access to savings.
More information on the Virgin Money Young Saver Account is through Virgin Money stores or at www.virginmoney.com/savings.
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
PRODUCT DETAILS - VIRGIN YOUNG SAVER ISSUE 2
|Annual Interest %|
|2.00% variable||2.00% variable|
Accounts have a maximum balance limit of £10,000, and must be opened with an appropriate adult named on the account as a trustee. All withdrawals are notice free and all trustees are required to sign for any withdrawals. Interest is paid annually.
1Grossis the rate of interest paid to eligible non-taxpayers without deduction of tax. Interest will be paid net of tax unless account holders are eligible to receive interest gross and submit the required registration form.
2AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit www.virginmoney/com/savings for full terms and conditions.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.